Has Doctor Who Gone Past Its Sell By Date ?

pattricia

It must have been a wee bit galling for Jodie and the outgoing team that the thing that got the biggest and most emotional response by far was not the loss of the doctor in her current form, but the regeneration and reveal of the next incarnation.  And when I say 'emotional', I mean unfettered, joyful celebration.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Worry not - we'll no doubt see much more of Ms Whitaker after Dr Who - she'll regenerate into one of the faces on the circuit of "Celebrity" Pointless-Eggheads-Tipping Point-Masterchef-Blankety-Dancing on Ice.........

I wouldn't have thought so.  She's a talented and well-regarded actress not quiz and talent show fodder.  I think she'll be off to do more serious drama and theatre, like Tennant and Smith.

5 hours ago, Hecate said:

I wouldn't have thought so.  She's a talented and well-regarded actress not quiz and talent show fodder.  I think she'll be off to do more serious drama and theatre, like Tennant and Smith.

Her acting is average at best. Certainly not on the level of Matt Smith and David Tennant. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Her acting is average at best. Certainly not on the level of Matt Smith and David Tennant. 

Or Chris Ecclestone, who was my fave of the new batch. He had another level of intensity to him that none of the others matched, for me.

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Or Chris Ecclestone, who was my fave of the new batch. He had another level of intensity to him that none of the others matched, for me.

I like Chris Eccleston but I thought his Dr Who wasn't the best. If he'd had enough time to perfect the roll he would have been fantastic. Sadly his time as the Dr was very brief.

I'd love to see him back though.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

The fault of this version of Dr.Who was blamed on the writers not the actors.

Yeah the writing was awful but the acting was equally as bad. For the most part it was more wooden than a garden shed in my humble opinion.