Liverpool Terrorist Attack

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I  as a white English person  are  starting to feel as though I am some how deemed racist , even though some of my best friends are black or Jewish , I now go out of my way to be nice to people of  eastern appearance even though I never even noticed what colour or creed any one was before .

Some thing has happened in our Country  inc the media and TV and press over the last five years ,

I actually think that it has sent racial tolerance in reverse .

Good post, the problem is that anyone who understands it’s content has been long shelved and filed as ‘irrelevant to the modern view on racism’. Our day’s are coming to an end, the new system appears to be to switch on and switch off racism to suit the fashion of the day.

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

On another note, just heard on the wireless that black people are still 7 times more likely to stopped and searched.

A general statement like this means nothing without qualifying it.

One needs to know how this this figure was reached. Was the search done as a result of intelligence or in a predominately black area.

For example out of a group of 7 black people and 1 white person who were searched as a result of information saying a suspect was wearing a green coat and all the searched people were wearing green coats one could state that a black person is 7 times more likely to be searched.

20 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

One needs to know how this this figure was reached. Was the search done as a result of intelligence or in a predominately black area.

For example out of a group of 7 black people and 1 white person who were searched as a result of information saying a suspect was wearing a green coat and all the searched people were wearing green coats one could state that a black person is 7 times more likely to be searched.

True . I would hazard a guess and say it was young black males

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

But that's based on an intelligence led search.  I don't think people have a problem with that, it's just random stop and search. I'll try and find the survey.

Here we are - with graphs and everything.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/nov/18/stop-and-search-rose-by-24-in-england-and-wales-during-lockdowns

Edited by tinfoilhat

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

But that's based on an intelligence led search.  I don't think people have a problem with that, it's just random stop and search. I'll try and find the survey.

You could say more Owls fans are stopped and searched in Hillsborough than Blades fans.

My point is that general statements mean nothing unless analytical details are used to prove the validity and quality of the statement.

What frightens me is that division can be caused by statements which are not fully explained.

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

As I have never characterised all 'asylum seekers, failed or otherwise, as criminals or potential terrorists' in any of my post, there is no need for me to 'Clarify' anything.

It is the word 'Individual' that I have a problem with .

How many 'individual' attacks do we need to endure before it is recognised there is in fact a 'certain collective frame of mind' amongst some of the Genuine Asylum Seeker' that do infact wish to destabilise our way of life.

Nice piece of attempted patronisation re the 'I might have mis-spoke'.

Trawl through the Wikipedia link  below, read, then tell me we can simply dismiss the act's of terrorism as purely individual acts.

List of terrorist incidents in Great Britain - Wikipedia

RIP Lee Rigby.

Lee Rigbys killers were of  course born in the UK

Edited by butlers

53 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Here we are - with graphs and everything.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/nov/18/stop-and-search-rose-by-24-in-england-and-wales-during-lockdowns

The 3rd paragraph is relevant and other reasons for stop and search.

Let us not make all black  people feel victimised when stop and search in areas where there is an high rate of crime is done to protect potential victims.

Edited by harvey19

42 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The 3rd paragraph is relevant and other reasons for stop and search.

Let us not make all black  people feel victimised when stop and search in areas where there is an high rate of crime is done to protect potential victims.

I think it's up to Black people to say how they feel about stop and search, not for white people to tell them how they should feel about it, and I think you'll struggle to find (m)any who think the current use of it is proportionate or justified. When people who aren't involved in any significant criminality (I say this because all of us have done something illegal) say they are scared of the police then something is very wrong.

Edited by Delbow