Liverpool Terrorist Attack

13 minutes ago, Resident said:

Any danger of this thread getting back on topic any time soon?

When Joe Cox was murdered by some far right nutjob it was regularly used by the left to talk about white nationalism in the UK.

Its incredible that people seemed to have forgotten that a British MP was murdered by an Islamic extremist less than a month ago.  It seems that people on the left thinks its ok because he was a Tory. Some of the tweets about him on twitter were disgusting.

And then another Muslim tried to blow up a poppy day parade and then a hospital and its brushed under the carpet by people who want to scream that its racist to point out the obvious that we have a real danger in the UK and its only gonna get worse as more people arrive illegally from the middle east.

The hypocrisy is astonishing 🤨 

Edited by Jack Grey

21 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

What you seem to be proposing, @Rockers rule is called stereotyping: don't judge 'these people' as individual human beings for they are merely representatives of 'them', the other, the bogeymen who lurk in the dark.

I didn't think I was 'Proposing' anything.

What is for certain, those who take their religion or extremist views to the point of not only pretending to integrate into our wonderful society for the sole purpose of (committing atrocity's) bombing the hell out of our way of life,  are in fact, the 'Bogeyman in the dark'.

I didn't say 'these people' or 'them' as your inverted commas tend to imply.

My assertion  that 'labelling' the likes of the Liverpool bomber as just another 'individuals' attack is far from the truth, stands.

Take the whole question of where this particular individual came from away.

Would the likes of the terrible attacks committed on Britain's mainland in the 1970's (and into the 2000's) even if committed by individuals be ignored as anything but  'Collective' ?    

Keep safe out there 🧐

Just now, West 77 said:

Not really baffling because the IRA have previously conducted a remembrance day terror attack.  I believe I guessed it was an Irish terrorist attack and didn't mention the IRA.

There hasnt been an Irish terrorist attack on our shores since when? The 90s, maybe? Was baffling to think that it would have been one. Anyway opinions clearly differ.

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There hasnt been an Irish terrorist attack on our shores since when? The 90s, maybe? Was baffling to think that it would have been one. Anyway opinions clearly differ.

• 2014, 10–14 February: The New Irish Republican Army (NIRA) claims responsibility for a series of parcel bombs sent to army recruitment offices in Oxford, Brighton, Canterbury, Slough, Aldershot, Reading and Chatham.[44][45]
Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

I wasnt far off then. Over 20 years ago. 

Just now, West 77 said:

My bad. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and should have guessed it was a Muslim terrorist incident.

20 years after the last Irish terrorist attack on our shores and after regular Muslim terrorist ones, you would have got very very short odds on it being the latter.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I  as a white English person  are  starting to feel as though I am some how deemed racist , even though some of my best friends are black or Jewish , I now go out of my way to be nice to people of  eastern appearance even though I never even noticed what colour or creed any one was before .

Some thing has happened in our Country  inc the media and TV and press over the last five years ,

I actually think that it has sent racial tolerance in reverse .

6 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I didn't think I was 'Proposing' anything.

What is for certain, those who take their religion or extremist views to the point of not only pretending to integrate into our wonderful society for the sole purpose of (committing atrocity's) bombing the hell out of our way of life,  are in fact, the 'Bogeyman in the dark'.

I didn't say 'these people' or 'them' as your inverted commas tend to imply.

My assertion  that 'labelling' the likes of the Liverpool bomber as just another 'individuals' attack is far from the truth, stands.

Take the whole question of where this particular individual came from away.

Would the likes of the terrible attacks committed on Britain's mainland in the 1970's (and into the 2000's) even if committed by individuals be ignored as anything but  'Collective' ?    

Keep safe out there 🧐

What you actually did was challenge Harvey's point 2. "we should not judge all people who come to our country by the actions of one individual" the alternative to which is to judge all people who come to our country ('these people') by the actions of one individual (the model for the stereotype). It's possible you mis-spoke but I do not think I mischaracterised what you said.

If you wish to distance yourself from those on these forums who tend to characterise asylum seekers, failed or otherwise, as criminals or potential terrorists then I would welcome your clarification.

19 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I  as a white English person  are  starting to feel as though I am some how deemed racist , even though some of my best friends are black or Jewish , I now go out of my way to be nice to people of  eastern appearance even though I never even noticed what colour or creed any one was before .

Some thing has happened in our Country  inc the media and TV and press over the last five years ,

Me too, @cuttsie. The impression I get is that the media are being manipulated by the tiny minority of real racists, to in some way, get everyone else thinking like them, and it seems some people are falling for it.

26 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Good post Cuttsie,

I feel exactly the same as you.......

19 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

What you actually did was challenge Harvey's point 2. "we should not judge all people who come to our country by the actions of one individual" the alternative to which is to judge all people who come to our country ('these people') by the actions of one individual (the model for the stereotype). It's possible you mis-spoke but I do not think I mischaracterised what you said.

If you wish to distance yourself from those on these forums who tend to characterise asylum seekers, failed or otherwise, as criminals or potential terrorists then I would welcome your clarification.

As I have never characterised all 'asylum seekers, failed or otherwise, as criminals or potential terrorists' in any of my post, there is no need for me to 'Clarify' anything.

It is the word 'Individual' that I have a problem with .

How many 'individual' attacks do we need to endure before it is recognised there is in fact a 'certain collective frame of mind' amongst some of the Genuine Asylum Seeker' that do infact wish to destabilise our way of life.

Nice piece of attempted patronisation re the 'I might have mis-spoke'.

Trawl through the Wikipedia link  below, read, then tell me we can simply dismiss the act's of terrorism as purely individual acts.

List of terrorist incidents in Great Britain - Wikipedia

RIP Lee Rigby.