Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

Why wouldn't a universal ID containing some information on the holder be a good idea? 

Bizarrely the very post you are quoting gives you the answer :)

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

It is easy- they could also do it for race, mental illness, homosexuals etc, etc..... oh, maybe it's not such a good idea?

Edited by onewheeldave

9 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I am sure that there are many like minded Austrians.The vaccine can never be forcibly given and the most likely coercion will be a requirement for vaccine passports for work and leisure involvement.

My support for this would be limited to medical and care occupations.

I suppose fines backed up with prison terms could be threatened,but I hope that voluntary vaccination wins the day

I'm with you there 👍

6 hours ago, iansheff said:

I have just been reading this article saying it is pitting vaccinated against unvaccinated. Europe’s Covid crisis pits vaccinated against unvaccinated | eKathimerini.com

One part of the article says:

Starting Monday, Slovakia is banning people who haven’t been vaccinated from all nonessential stores and shopping malls. They also will not be allowed to attend any public event or gathering and will be required to test twice a week just to go to work.

They are looking at making it more and more difficult for people who have decided that the vaccination isn't for them, which is taking away their freedom of choice.

Where will it all end, when will they decide want to start implanting chips into people so we can all be monitored?

This is the modus operandi of many governments: set the people against each other to deflect the argument away from  the government.

Divide and conquer.... works every time

In which case the people should ALL band together as one in the name of  protecting personal freedoms and hard won people's rights to autonomy.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

This is the modus operandi of many governments: set the people against each other to deflect the argument away from  the government.

Divide and conquer.... works every time

In which case the people should ALL band together as one in the name of  protecting personal freedoms and hard won people's rights to autonomy.

👏

Well watching the BBC news tonight, the Austrian Govt's intention to bring in mandatory vaccinations next Feb, appears to have  had, (despite the protests in Vienna), the effect of increasing the number of Austrian citizens going for a jab. 

Two weeks ago, they were vaccinating 1,000 people a day  That figure has now risen to 12,000 a day.

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well watching the BBC news tonight, the Austrian Govt's intention to bring in mandatory vaccinations next Feb, appears to have  had, (despite the protests in Vienna), the effect of increasing the number of Austrian citizens going for a jab. 

Two weeks ago, they were vaccinating 1,000 people a day  That figure has now risen to 12,000 a day.

What a great victory for democracy- bullying, threats and $4000 fines result in more people 'choosing' to get vaccinated. 

26 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Johnsona poor handling of the restrictions and  allowing thousands of people to die caused many in the UK to get vaccinated.

The UK is way ahead of Austria, more deaths per million of population.

Edited by El Cid

11 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

What a great victory for democracy- bullying, threats and $4000 fines result in more people 'choosing' to get vaccinated. 

I agree with your sentiment.

How about a simple “no free/public Covid-related treatment/healthcare for the non-vacc’d” rule (save for those medically proven to be non-vaccinable, ofc), rather than mandatory vaccination under threat of big fines?

That would be a free choice 👍🏻

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, L00b said:

I agree with your sentiment.

How about a simple “no free/public Covid-related treatment/healthcare for the non-vacc’d” rule (save for those medically proven to be non-vaccinable, ofc), rather than mandatory vaccination under threat of big fines?

That would be a free choice 👍🏻

No- removing access to healthcare is a coerced choice