Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

8 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I'll reiterate: nothing too drastic, do the relatively easier things first. People should be asked to work from home where possible. Shutdown indoor sports venues and gyms. Tighten up on masking in indoor spaces. Re-emphasise social distancing.

You really do not listen (or read I should say).

I will repeat, shutting down swimming pools would have a MASSIVE effect on my life. I suspect it would have no effect on yours.

11 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Delay is likely to ensure much harsher measures later.

You cannot possibly know that and it goes without saying I strongly disagree with you.

Remember all those "experts" : "Freedom day (in July) was irresponsible and could result in up to 200,000 infections a day ?"

Why do people still listen to these "experts" who have been wrong so often ? Normally people who are wrong as often as them would get fired.

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I will repeat, shutting down swimming pools would have a MASSIVE effect on my life. I suspect it would have no effect on yours.

And the MASSIVE effect on your life is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

I'll reiterate: nothing too drastic, do the relatively easier things first. People should be asked to work from home where possible. Shutdown indoor sports venues and gyms. Tighten up on masking in indoor spaces. Re-emphasise social distancing.

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That's useful isn't it. Just call people names....always helps- sure sign of a confident and well developed intellect

You object to my potentially ambivalent misnominalization and then insult me ("call people names", "confident and well developed intellect"). Surely you recognise you're being hypocritical.

Edited by Carbuncle

14 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And for goodness sake stop making it all about you. You've already demanded others go unmasked because of the difficulties the mere sight of them causes you.

I have never demanded other people take their masks off,  where have  I said that ? Though I would be lying if I said I wouldn't mind if they kept them on. I would mind very much, but I do not think people should be banned from wearing them. It's  a free country, or it was.....

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You cannot possibly know that and it goes without saying I strongly disagree with you.

Remember all those "experts" : "Freedom day (in July) was irresponsible and could result in up to 200,000 infections a day ?"

Why do people still listen to these "experts" who have been wrong so often ? Normally people who are wrong as often as them would get fired.

I attend a gym twice weekly in a morning, virtually the same people have attended for the 7 years I've been there, some go every day and see it as a social thing as well as to keep some level of fitness, some of the people are quite elderly and this gets them out of the house, wanting to shut them is a dreadful response to a mild illness.

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And the MASSIVE effect on your life is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

You object to my potentially ambivalent misnominalization and then insult me ("call people names", "confident and well developed intellect"). Surely you recognise you're being hypocritical.

Masking doesn't work, its nonsense.

Just now, top4718 said:

I attend a gym twice weekly in a morning, virtually the same people have attended for the 7 years I've been there, some go every day and see it as a social thing as well as to keep some level of fitness, some of the people are quite elderly and this gets them out of the house, wanting to shut them is a dreadful response to a mild illness.

I agree totally Tops. People saying "shutting gyms and pools for public health reasons" mental as well as physical) do not realise how ironic they sound because FAR more people will die as a result of being unfit and/or over weight than will die of Covid. FAR MORE.

But the bottom line is that most of those saying "we should shut gyms and pools" probably don't even use them. HYPOCRITES.

7 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

That won't work anyway as the virus becomes more infectious, but, more importantly, far more importantly, human beings are social animals, "social distancing" is VERY serious.

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I agree totally Tops. People saying "shutting gyms and pools for public health reasons" mental as well as physical) do not realise how ironic they sound because FAR more people will die as a result of being unfit and/or over weight than will die of Covid. FAR MORE.

But the bottom line is that most of those saying "we should shut gyms and pools" probably don't even use them. HYPOCRITES.

I see no reason to ban outdoor swimming at this point. You could swim at Hathersage.

34 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

It isn't an insult to point out that you call people names [in this case 'gullible conspirasheeple']

And presumably you would agree that calling people insulting names is fairly contrary to possession of a confident and well developed intellect?

And me pointing out that fact is not an insult.

So yes, I'm failing to see grounds for hypocrisy there.

48 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

The spreading of misinformation needs to be addressed. I am not in favour of censorship but gullible conspirasheeple who merely relay misinformation are a menace.