Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

17 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

No, not in the sense of giving a precise definition. In rough terms, I chose to use this as a polite way of referring to the people who are sceptical of the (consensus) science on covid. I don't regard the term sceptic as an insult.

I'd suggest that 'covid mainstream narrative sceptic' would accurately capture the group in question and also be grammatically and logically correct, in a way that 'covid sceptic' doesn't, and isn't.

14 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I have other terms like 'gullible conspirasheeple' and conspiraloons available for other occasions.

I'm sure you do. Infantile name-calling seems very much in vogue these days.

20 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

So do accusations of "face nappies", "face rags", "hiding behind sofas" etc used by the  'covid mainstream narrative sceptics' on here. Never heard you criticise them.

Oh - forgot "plandemic";

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search/?&q=plandemic&type=forums_topic&author=top4718&nodes=6&search_and_or=or&start_after=six_months

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search/?&q=plandemic&type=forums_topic&author=The_DADDY&nodes=6&search_and_or=or&start_after=six_months

Edited by Longcol

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd suggest that 'covid mainstream narrative sceptic' would accurately capture the group in question and also be grammatically and logically correct, in a way that 'covid sceptic' doesn't, and isn't.

Nonsense. Language does not work that way.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

You have used the terms gullible, sheep and sheeple yourself. I have noticed you bleat about name-calling but are not above behaving similarly yourself.

12 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Take it you don't bother with a handkerchief or a tissue if you've got a cold then?

Only for sneezing or blowing my nose, no other reason.

I masks are so effective why did case numbers in England fall and cases in Scotland and Wales rise when England had dropped the mask mandate?

12 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Thanks. The fraud detailed is in regard to marketing rather than clinical trials.

You may not see the relevance of the distinction but there are whistleblower allegations against a Pfizer contract researcher relating to work on Pfizer covid vaccine and the FDA and Pfizer have thus far been less than forthcoming.

Just now, Carbuncle said:

Thanks. The fraud detailed is in regard to marketing rather than clinical trials.

You may not see the relevance of the distinction but there are whistleblower allegations against a Pfizer contract researcher relating to work on Pfizer covid vaccine and the FDA and Pfizer have thus far been less than forthcoming.

I was  aware of that too. 

Pfizer

Merk

Lilly

Johnson & Johnson

Glaxo

AstraZenica

Bristol Myers Squib

Have all paid multimillion dollar fines for varied crimes. The crimes include fraud, kickbacks, false claims, poor manufacturing practices and Medicare Fraud.

As I  was saying, they are not gods, just human.

Edited by trastrick

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I was  aware of that too. 

Pfizer

Merk

Lilly

Johnson & Johnson

Glaxo

AstraZenica

Bristol Myers Squib

Have all paid multimillion dollar fines for varied crimes. The crimes include fraud, kickbacks, false claims, poor manufacturing practices and Medicare Fraud.

As I  was saying, they are not gods, just humans.

Didn't pfizer have to pay out a couple of billion in fines not so many years ago? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Didn't pfizer have to pay out a couple of billion in fines not so many years ago? 

Yep, 

According to WIKI

Year Company Settlement Laws allegedly violated; (if ap...
2012 GlaxoSmithKline $3 billion ($1B criminal, $2B civil) False Claims Act, FDCA
2009 Pfizer $2.3 billion False Claims Act, FDCA
2013 Johnson & Johnson $2.2 billion False Claims Act, FDCA

See the "19 more rows :)