Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

With all this government incompetence and inconsistency, there, and in the U.S., the good news is there'll never be another World War.

(NATO's oil and gas to fight a war, would have to come from Putin, and the U.S. are in the process of shutting down theirs, Lol)

They would be incapable of getting their act together.

They'll cede to the Russians and Chinese, any time there is even a threat!

To quote Monty Python:

"How did they ever win?"  :)

A smart government would not try to force their people to do things that are unenforcable.

An "Extreme Health Advisory" should be enough!

And for you sheep out there that are happy to let the "government" run your lives for you, good luck!

Edited by trastrick

21 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Covid: Vaccines should work against Omicron variant, WHO says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59573037

Existing vaccines should still protect people who contract the Omicron variant from severe Covid cases, a World Health Organization (WHO) official says.

It comes as the first lab tests of the new variant in South Africa suggest it can partially evade the Pfizer jab.

Researchers say there was a "very large drop" in how well the vaccine's antibodies neutralised the new strain.

But the WHO's Dr Mike Ryan said there was no sign Omicron would be better at evading vaccines than other variants.

"We have highly effective vaccines that have proved effective against all the variants so far, in terms of severe disease and hospitalisation, and there's no reason to expect that it wouldn't be so" for Omicron, Dr Ryan, the WHO's emergencies director, told AFP news agency.

He said initial data suggested Omicron did not make people sicker than the Delta and other strains. "If anything, the direction is towards less severity," he said.

All a big fuss over sod all.

How many times can they keep shouting "wolf" and the scared sheep still listen ?

There are noises in the media that the government is to bring in new restrictions "because of Omicron,  despite what the WHO has just said !

Cynics, like me, are suggesting the Govt  will be doing this ti distract attention from their party last December.

One can only hope enough people will just ignore it, particularly now they have seen how arrogant and hypocritical the government are over this suppression.

The problem is there are a lot of scared sheep out there.....

Just now, Chekhov said:

Covid: Vaccines should work against Omicron variant, WHO says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59573037

Existing vaccines should still protect people who contract the Omicron variant from severe Covid cases, a World Health Organization (WHO) official says.

It comes as the first lab tests of the new variant in South Africa suggest it can partially evade the Pfizer jab.

Researchers say there was a "very large drop" in how well the vaccine's antibodies neutralised the new strain.

But the WHO's Dr Mike Ryan said there was no sign Omicron would be better at evading vaccines than other variants.

"We have highly effective vaccines that have proved effective against all the variants so far, in terms of severe disease and hospitalisation, and there's no reason to expect that it wouldn't be so" for Omicron, Dr Ryan, the WHO's emergencies director, told AFP news agency.

He said initial data suggested Omicron did not make people sicker than the Delta and other strains. "If anything, the direction is towards less severity," he said.

All a big fuss over sod all.

How many times can they keep shouting "wolf" and the scared sheep still listen ?

"How may times?" Lol

You ain't seen nothing yet, pal.

Wait till they start on the Real "Biggest threat to Humankind", Climate Change.

Next up!

28 minutes ago, butlers said:

Twenty one million booster doses given already, rocking along at 280,000 a day

The first UK,outside of trails , vaccine dose was given exactly a year ago.

Across the UK 119 million doses of vaccine given 

If they were "rocking along" they wouldn't the current fear and coercion campaign to persuade people to have them, your being had. They better roll them out quick though the 3rd booster will be due anytime soon. 🤣

Just now, top4718 said:

If they were "rocking along" they wouldn't the current fear and coercion campaign to persuade people to have them, your being had. They better roll them out quick though the 3rd booster will be due anytime soon. 🤣

They'll always have the flu, and it's varients!

That second shot was initially a booster, now the third shot is a booster for the booster.

They won't be happy til the poor sods can't deal with all the boosters, and keel over.

Lol

OMG, it really is a MAD MAD world :

Freshly posted government job ad for a "Covid Advisor" in Worcestershire.

From the ad:

"This role will involve:
Patrolling of high streets, shopping centres and other urban locations and tourist destinations within the county of Worcestershire to support members of the public to follow social distancing guidelines. The patrols will be targeted based on intelligence and the need for a visible presence in key areas.
Ensuring that any touch points, sanitising stations and information points are regularly cleaned and replenished by the appropriate businesses or organisations.
Directing pedestrians and assisting management of pedestrian one-way systems within shopping centres, high streets and key high foot fall areas.
Reminding members of the public to wear face coverings when entering areas where this is required.
Guiding pedestrians through exit and entry points and ensuring that signage is clearly displayed.
Checking and promoting visibility of COVID-19 Secure messaging."

Link:

https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7724413

Masks. Social distancing. Oh dear. None of it is going away any time soon, then/.

The ONLY way out of this ?

It will only work by consent so IGNORE IT. It's that simple.

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

"How may times?" Lol

You ain't seen nothing yet, pal.

Wait till they start on the Real "Biggest threat to Humankind", Climate Change.

Next up!

TBH I am now  man made Climate Change" agnostic, because I have seen how these  Bozos over react and twist stuff to scare people. I do not trust them any more, how do I know they are telling the truth, the whole truth , and nothing but the truth.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Morrisons in Hillsborough do that usually. But the guy is very good, you just say I have an exemption and he says that's absolutely fine. And he did it very well, not confrontational and friendly with it, that guy is wasted in that job.

For everyone, it is the law.

Do you not understand that ?

Though, TBH, hopefully all this hypocrisy over the 10 Downing St party last year will put a bleedin' great hole under the waterline of their draconian edicts.

Do not edit posts that I reply to, it’s wrong do You not understand that 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Do not edit posts that I reply to, it’s wrong do You not understand that 

If you mean this :

>> saying "I have an exemption" will make them go away<<

For you maybe

It is obvious I just added the original question (here : >>xxxx <<), surely ?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

My point is not illogical, and you have finally answered it by saying you think the mask mandate will be dropped. I hope you are right nut wish I had your optimism over that, particularly in hospitals. Fortunately I do not work in a hospital.

It is,  because it is premised on the false notion that masking for impeding Covid transmission will endure ‘forever’.  It won’t.

We’re centuries over the Black Plague, over a century over the Spanish Flu, over half a century over Polio, a decade over H1N1…and you didn’t see people still mitigating/masking against these in 2019, did you?