Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

7 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

This is a strawman. I did not describe these particular posts as misinformation indeed I conceded that they were evidence albeit of an incredibly weak kind.

I thought you were answering my perfectly fair request to repost where I was spreading "misinformation". I apologise if that was not your intention, but, I repeat my request, please quote where I have put on misinformation.

Your post (off "Covid passports" said :

How would you cope with misinformation? (I take it for granted that you'll recall I feel you are a covid misinformationalist.)

Edited by Chekhov

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

No it's facts. You may not like what it's saying or agree with the conclusions I have drawn, but they are facts none the less. It is most assuredly not "misinformation".

It certainly proves that neither vaccine passports or masks  are a "game changer". The stats prove that masks and vaccine passports can only make a difference on the margin, and that is at best.

Misinformation : false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.

So you accusing me of misinformation (in this context for certain) is factually incorrect.

I am not amending your posts, certainly not to make it look like you are saying something you are not. I am simply putting the question you are answering in your post. If you think I am doing anything underhand complain to the mods or stop repeating this unfounded assertion. What you are doing is kicking up a smoke screen to divert attention from your unsupportable arguments.

This is totally correct.

Idiot . Done

11 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I think an analysis of the kind proposed will always be weak ... even with the inclusion of the full data set. However if one is going to attempt an analysis of this kind one should not take an arbitrary subset of the data such as the values for just England, Scotland and Wales on one specific day.

This is a strawman. I did not describe these particular posts as misinformation indeed I conceded that they were evidence albeit of an incredibly weak kind.

It's not arbitrary- as already pointed out, they share the same testing system, unlike most of the data from differing countries.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Idiot . Done

Zero content, name calling again.

26 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

If the accusation is correct, then do as the person themselves suggested, and contact the mods.

Dave , after all my time on this forum , even after being accused of things , called vile names and banned, I have never reported anyone or put anyone on ignore . I am not going to let an idiot change that 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Dave , after all my time on this forum , even after being accused of things , called vile names and banned, I have never reported anyone or put anyone on ignore . I am not going to let an idiot change that 

I don't really understand what this 'post changing' thing is.

[I do know that calling people 'an idiot' is not going to help anything]

Is anything happening here other than he's simply quoting your words?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Look back on the posts that I quoted and look how they changed when "he" quoted them . Thats it goodnight 

5 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Only like calling people sheep.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search/?&q=sheep&type=forums_topic&author=onewheeldave&nodes=6&search_and_or=or&start_after=year