Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

Can we clarify something which makes no sense to me ?

Allegra Stratton has resigned as a government spokeswoman for a Christmas party which the PM (Boris Johnson) says never happened.

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

>>No it's facts. You may not like what it's saying or agree with the conclusions I have drawn, but they are facts none the less. It is most assuredly not "misinformation".

It certainly proves that neither vaccine passports or masks  are a "game changer". The stats prove that masks and vaccine passports can only make a difference on the margin, and that is at best.

Misinformation : false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.

So you accusing me of misinformation (in this context for certain) is factually incorrect.

I am not amending your posts, certainly not to make it look like you are saying something you are not. I am simply putting the question you are answering in your post. If you think I am doing anything underhand complain to the mods or stop repeating this unfounded assertion. What you are doing is kicking up a smoke screen to divert attention from your unsupportable arguments.

This is totally correct.<<

Idiot . Done

Your response is, obviously, avoiding the question, as well as being insulting.

Edited by Chekhov

9 hours ago, fools said:

You and others are undermining your credibility by continuously posting this nonsense. Who are you hoping to convince?

I am not posting nonsense, I am posting data from the gov.uk website.

If you think I am misquoting the figures I would advise you to go on the gov.uk website and check for yourself.

If you cannot be bothered to do that the please STOP accusing me of "posting nonsense" because you are making yourself look silly :

England : No mask mandate since July (to 30th Nov), no vaccine passport (to 10th Dec)
Scotland : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in mask mandate cannot have had any effect)
England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data is available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =
England = 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78

Edited by Chekhov

In other news:

"Protection against Omicron coronavirus variant improves with three vaccine doses, Pfizer says"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/08/health/pfizer-omicron-vaccine-data/index.html

and:

"COVID: Israel to consider 4th vaccine for immuno-suppressed patients"

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/covid-israel-to-consider-4th-vaccine-for-immuno-suppressed-patients-687904

The "big 'eards, that flashed social status feel good, virtues signaling, double vaxxed cards, have to move down the bar, to accommodate the real heroes of humanity, who have the third shot.

I've already arranged mine. 

Wonder if they could give us a lapel pin, or something to show how much we care?

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

"COVID: Israel to consider 4th vaccine for immuno-suppressed patients"

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/covid-israel-to-consider-4th-vaccine-for-immuno-suppressed-patients-687904

The "big 'eards, that flashed social status feel good, virtues signaling, double vaxxed cards, have to move down the bar, to accommodate the real heroes of humanity, who have the third shot.

I've already arranged mine. 

Wonder if they could give us a lapel pin, or something to show how much we care?

We already have 4th vaccines for the immuno-suppressed in the UK. And although I am pleased to hear you are doing your bit to protect yourself and others I would note that over 21 million Britons have already had a third jab. Do try and keep up and maybe save the bold for things that deserve it.

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am not posting nonsense, I am posting data from the gov.uk website.

And you've posted it again, why are you cluttering the thread up with crap.

You know very well what the point is, correlation is not causation, anyone who suggests otherwise is misleading people.

you are posting this data to suggest that masks don't work. That is the nonsense.

"Do masks and vaccine passports prevent Covid illness and deaths ? (3 Dec 21)"

Repeatedly posting it is ..... weird, and undermines any credibility .. Posts some new arguments if you have them.

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, fools said:

And you've posted it again, why are you cluttering the thread up with crap.

You know very well what the point is, correlation is not causation, anyone who suggests otherwise is misleading people.

you are posting this data to suggest that masks don't work. That is the nonsense.

"Do masks and vaccine passports prevent Covid illness and deaths ? (3 Dec 21)"

Repeatedly posting it is ..... weird, and undermines any credibility .. Posts some new arguments if you have them.

You think it's "crap" because its data that is inconvenient for your pro mask agenda.

I have absolutely posted it again, and will continue to do so every time people say with no firm incontrovertible objective evidence that "masks [as worn day to day] will significantly stop the spread of Covid", because they quite plainly do not.

I tell you what, next time I post it I will not put the top line in :"Do masks and vaccine passports prevent Covid illness and deaths ? (3 Dec 21)", I will just post the incontrovertible and official, data. And just let others work it out for themselves....

Edited by Chekhov

You can post it until the cows come home if you like, it doesn't make you look good though. Every time I see your stats splattered all over the thread (for the 5th 6th 7th time!), I scroll past and ignore the whole post.

the data isn't convenient for my "pro-mask agenda", there is no link to mask use and you know it.

Edited by fools

53 minutes ago, fools said:

You can post it until the cows come home if you like, it doesn't make you look good though. Every time I see your stats splattered all over the thread (for the 5th 6th 7th time!), I scroll past and ignore the whole post.

the data isn't convenient for my "pro-mask agenda", there is no link to mask use and you know it.

You speak for yourself.

Let's just look at the indisputable facts shall we ?

1  - Scotland and Wales are different parts of the same country.

2 - Scotland and Wales (plus England, obviously) are all reasonably large areas with population of millions so any difference cannot be because of local factors.

3 - Scotland and Wales have never rescinded their mask mandate.

4 - England rescinded its mask mandate in July.

5 - Back in July we had many "experts" telling us we were being grossly irresponsible and should follow the example of Scotland & Wales.

6 - England has ended up with lower hospitalisations and deaths (per million popn) than Wales and Scotland.

Explain that away whilst, at the same time, telling us masks (and vaccine passports come to that) significantly reduce deaths and serious illness from Covid.

Note how I have not mentioned anything about infections, because I have not researched that as it is IRRELEVANT  anyway.

Edited by Chekhov

14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Always felt sorry for the folk there - sandwiched between an elevated motorway, a steel works and the sea. Can't be the healthiest environment going.

I cannot remember the motorway. Was it there when the hospital was being built ? Think I was there about 2000/ 2001

58 minutes ago, fools said:

👍