More Incompetence From Sypte

BigAl1

2 hours ago, dutch said:

Telephoning SYPTE is not all that bad. With some bad luck you have to wait a while but usually this is not bad.

Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Just off topic here but yesterday some stranger walked up to me at arena tram platform and he gave me a lecture on how long they tested these led signs there before using them and information often being wrong saying hey cost millions and he could change temperature and switch lights on of at home from any internet connection in the world with his mobile but wrong times are on these signs waiting 20 min. for tram to city to come. At least it was a nice sunny day.

I have long complained about these dot matrix and SYPTE have basically told me to f**k off and that they have managed them brilliantly and they are state of the art. Stagecoach super tram seem to adopt the position that they are not their responsibility (which is true) and that they are going to do nothing to upset the PTE by complaining that the dot matrix are worse than useless.

the PTE basically say they are valuable because they are “sometimes right” showing that they really do not understand consumer needs. No one even seems bothered that often when the trams are suspended the dot matrix continues to show completely fictional times of the next tram as if things were running normally.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

What you call 'moaning' is actually people identifying problems with an organisations approach which I actually find to be a very positive thing. As someone who experiences serious mental health issues as a result of the appalling way these organisations do things [40 minute phone queues, being passed endlessly from one incompetant department to another, security questions so complex that it is often impossible to access ones own account etc, etc] I always find it refreshing that there are people out there who can also see just how wrong it all is.

The more people who highlight it ['moan about it'] the better, IMHO.

That doesnt change my question. Has anyone actually told them its wrong?

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Shouldn't they have noticed?

Maybe but people can be nice and assist the process by telling them.

I update a website at work, sometimes things slip through. I will say it again: someone actually telling them its wrong is more productive than assuming they read here.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I update a website at work, sometimes things slip through. I will say it again: someone actually telling them its wrong is more productive than assuming they read here.

I wouldn't expect them to read here, but TBH I would be extremely surprised if they haven't been informed - many times.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

In theory you are right but previous complaints to SYPTE about the accuracy of the information( not just the dot matrix) they provide have not met with any success only fatuous excuses or bull.s**t

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

The kind of people who would argue that a stopped clock is OK, because at least it tells the correct time twice a day :)

Do you remember when the council some 12 years ago put up the information display panels like the one outside the (now)Sainsbury’s  at the university tram stop with clocks and had to get rid of the clocks because they were always showing the wrong time can’t remember now if they were even right twice a day.

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't think spending a few hours a day posting on SF can really be classified as 'work'... :hihi: