Defamation

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The solicitor never responded to my email, so I went with the council complaints department.

Their responce was that the councillor regrets saying it, so its accepted that the message was sent, she did not follow council procedures, she is to be sent on a training course.

I received no oppology or anything, I think that is poor, to be accused of something that carries a 12 months jail sentence.

Don’t let it go, try legal aid, at least you should get an opinion.

35 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The solicitor never responded to my email, so I went with the council complaints department.

Their responce was that the councillor regrets saying it, so its accepted that the message was sent, she did not follow council procedures, she is to be sent on a training course.

I received no oppology or anything, I think that is poor, to be accused of something that carries a 12 months jail sentence.

Have you expressed your grievance to the complaints dept. and that you’re not satisfied with their response, lack of apology etc.

It does seem like you have made some progress at least. Best of luck getting satisfaction El Cid.