Madness Access To St James Retail Park

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

wait while the 5 thousand seat stadium for football and events is built,hope the design that right ,as thats even nearer the meadowhead island,theres also a visitors centre,plus the usual transport facilities as well.

Morrisons and Sainsburys seem to manage quite well in close proximity to Hillsborough.

I use St. James frequently (the missus would have me drive her there more often....), and it's the victim of its own success, having some decent shops, being 'out of town' and at the confluence of the ring road and the A61 trunk road brings in customers from all over South Sheffield and North Derbyshire.

I guess they designed it as best they could. With more space perhaps they could have had separate entrance and exit roads. But space is money..........

Being local, I can choose to visit early or late in the day, when traffic is lighter. But I suppose the Christmas weeks will see it heaving. I have already witnessed some classic parking rages. 

And I too have reservations about the proposed footie stadium, the planners have one chance to get the traffic flow right, good luck to that. Don't forget that coaches need space to turn, etc. And I hope they drop that awful, outdated clubhouse.

On 26/11/2021 at 12:31, bassett one said:

i agree ,but somthing needs doing as its a great shopping centre,but access needs sorting especially as the home of football is being built next year.

The football stadium, planning has not even been put in for, if you check the planning applications, nothing. Also I am led to believe it is dependent upon their current ground being allowed to be sold for housing, no planning in for that. If they get planning I assume it would be nearer end of 2023 early 2024 for completion.

I agree should they get the go ahead it would only add to the already congested roads around Meadowhead roundabout. This council is so anti car you can’t say what they’d do regarding access to the retail park.