Locked Grit Bin

Our local grit bin has a cable tie on it, placed by a long term resident to prevent it being used as a litter bin by passing idiots. We cut it off (stanley knife 😊) when we need to use it and he replaces it later. Cuttsie, the council took our bin away at our previous address. A kick off at the TARA meeting followed by a flea in the ears of the Labour election canvassers resulted in its return followed by an extra bin at the other end of the street so don’t give up pal.

51 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Our local grit bin has a cable tie on it, placed by a long term resident to prevent it being used as a litter bin by passing idiots. We cut it off (stanley knife 😊) when we need to use it and he replaces it later. Cuttsie, the council took our bin away at our previous address. A kick off at the TARA meeting followed by a flea in the ears of the Labour election canvassers resulted in its return followed by an extra bin at the other end of the street so don’t give up pal.

Ours was taken away by the Council , The Councillor in charge of gritting stated in the Star news paper that there had never been one in position . When he was presented with a photo showing it his response was "Well my officers never told me" . no apology for calling people  liars , no come back and even now  no bin returned .

They get away with it .

When the reporter at the Star was informed that the story was wrong she said , well we can't comment .

Edited by cuttsie

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Ours was taken away by the Council , The Councillor in charge of gritting stated in the Star news paper that there had never been one in position . When he was presented with a photo showing it his response was "Well my officers never told me" . no apology for calling people  liars , no come back and even now  no bin returned .

They get away with it .

When the reporter at the Star was informed that the story was wrong she said , well we can't comment .

Did said dozy councillor think to check before making the comment ? - No, of course he didn't.

And The Star can never get a story right, so of course they daren't comment.

Edited by RollingJ
Added comment

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

The Star like most newspapers believe every thing  these jumped up officials tell them . When its proved to be wrong they keep quite as they need to be able to get the next scoop from who ever spins them out at the palace of dreams on Pinstone Street .

Most stories tend to be reformatted press releases these days