Locked Grit Bin

15 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Ours was taken away by the Council , The Councillor in charge of gritting stated in the Star news paper that there had never been one in position . When he was presented with a photo showing it his response was "Well my officers never told me" . no apology for calling people  liars , no come back and even now  no bin returned .

They get away with it .

When the reporter at the Star was informed that the story was wrong she said , well we can't comment .

They've probably decided to cut a certain number of bins to save money and have just driven around picking them up.

Lying about it is not acceptable though, but of course the council never does any wrong.

1 hour ago, geared said:

They've probably decided to cut a certain number of bins to save money and have just driven around picking them up.

Lying about it is not acceptable though, but of course the council never does any wrong.

The up side is we now have a flower box in the designated  grit box space . the  flowers are provided by the resident association . They are not very effective to prevent one slipping down onto ones arse .

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

Most stories tend to be reformatted press releases these days 

Not in this case the reporter did an interview .

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

The Star like most newspapers believe every thing  these jumped up officials tell them . When its proved to be wrong they keep quite as they need to be able to get the next scoop from who ever spins them out at the palace of dreams on Pinstone Street .

I wanted my comic heroes to be real, don’t spoil it for them, what has reality got to do with running a city anyway? 🤣