Pounds Park: New City Centre Park

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

we cannot maintain the parks we already have, why add costs

I fully agree with that.

Our Parks used to be beautifully kept but are now a disgrace and not fit to use.

It's fine having a lovely City centre (if that ever happens) but we would like where we live to look respectable too and that includes ALL our parks. 

Our council are as bad as the government for spending all out money centrally.

We, and thousands like us, never go to the city centre. When we did, it was for the shops which have mostly gone, and we will never go to sit in a park when we all have one nearer.

It's fine to look after visitors but what about the residents too?

So remove a car park and put a park in its place, where the heaviest users will be the spice heads and winos to relax after begging and fighting on the Moor and heading back to the Salvation Army building? Nice. That'll encourage the shoppers that the city centre so desperately needs.

Just now, the_bloke said:

So remove a car park and put a park in its place, where the heaviest users will be the spice heads and winos to relax after begging and fighting on the Moor and heading back to the Salvation Army building? Nice. That'll encourage the shoppers that the city centre so desperately needs.

That's the spirit 🙄

You can make whatever you wish of this proposition, it might work, it might not, who knows?

I don’t use the CC anymore because other than our family solicitor it has nothing that interests me, an inner city park is hardly likely to change my mind, but then again it’s not aimed at the likes of me is it?