Cruelty To Children

39 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

My niece is a bright kid who grew up on a council estate . After hard work,she got her qualifications at Uni and came back to Sheffield to do her dream job in Social Services. She doesn’t talk about it much but I am 99% sure she works in child protection/family services 

Good on her. 👍

40 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

My niece is a bright kid who grew up on a council estate . After hard work,she got her qualifications at Uni and came back to Sheffield to do her dream job in Social Services. She doesn’t talk about it much but I am 99% sure she works in child protection/family services 

That is the type of experience which is the best for this role. Going to uni is great, but it does not teach people about life.

19 hours ago, ukdobby said:

My wife taped the interview with the children services woman,she was useless and advised people to get medical help for kids with bruises,you’ve all on seeing a gp if your dying of cancer.

I agree, I got the feeling there wasn't much seriousness to the whole situation.

The more you look at it, especially given this sort of thing has happened before- why did social services and even teachers (who saw bruises on this child) not follow up more.

Getting told by the 'parent' that the bruises were due to playing and falling etc and then accepting that reason, is a failure on those people in a responsible position in life.

The Times (yesterday) :

Lockdown and school closures weakened the child protection system that failed Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, the children's commissioner has said. 

Wonder what the pro suppressionists have to say about that ?

Collateral damage ?

27 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I agree, I got the feeling there wasn't much seriousness to the whole situation.

The more you look at it, especially given this sort of thing has happened before- why did social services and even teachers (who saw bruises on this child) not follow up more.

Getting told by the 'parent' that the bruises were due to playing and falling etc and then accepting that reason, is a failure on those people in a responsible position in life.

The woman had 4 kids taken away from her,I’m afraid common sense went out of the window.

23 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The Times (yesterday) :

Lockdown and school closures weakened the child protection system that failed Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, the children's commissioner has said. 

Collateral damage ?

Shut up idiot 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

>>The Times (yesterday) :

Collateral damage ?<<

Shut up idiot 

Ahh, file under too difficult to answer (and be personal as well) ?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

No file under the plenty of other threads to peddle your agenda . The sad death of a child is not the place .

Sorry, it was the Children's commissioner who said it, let me remind you :

The Times (yesterday) :

And a lot of other kids will have suffered, not as badly thank God, plus millions whose education will have severely suffered.

If you want any credibility rather than just insulting people or dodging the question, you will at least acknowledge this massive harm done to children by, as the Children's commissioner said : Lockdown and school closures. And she warned of this months ago (30 Jan 21 - and before that) :

Covid: The devastating toll of the pandemic on children

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55863841

For some children, the pandemic has had dire consequences with the numbers being harmed and abused on the rise.

Between April and September there were 285 reports by councils of child deaths and incidents of serious harm, which includes child sexual exploitation. This was a rise of more than a quarter on the same period the year before.

But children's commissioner for England, Anne Longfield, is worried this is just the tip of the iceberg, arguing the lockdowns, closure of schools and stay-at-home orders have led to a generation of vulnerable children becoming "invisible" to social workers.