Other Sheffield History Site

23 hours ago, Dreb48 said:

I use both  History and Expats on here and Sheffield History to share reminiscences and memories of past times with people of a similar age.

If you’re going to call a section History Chat then that is surely what you’ll get .

I think all of us are aware of its archive value and are in awe of some of the sterling work done by the serious history buffs on there. It’s not dumbing it down in any way.

As a result of posting on both forums I’ve made contact with people who I’ve recognised or who’ve recognised me that I’ve not seen for decades.

I recently made contact with my cousin I’d not seen or heard of for 60 years and I’ve  hooked up again with old friends, schoolmates and neighbours that were long lost to me.

I find both these sites invaluable and certainly on History and Expats it seems to be free  of the smart ass, one line know it alls that inhabit certain other sections 

I  ABSOLUTELY agree with you ❤️