What's The Solution To Misinformation?

Misinformation from our own Government! They use the measure of inflation(consumer price index CPI)  which is lower than the retail price index(RPI) partly because it does not include housing costs.

So the CPI inflation figure is best used when discussing rising costs that apply to the homeless.

So when local councils increased their council tax in 2020/21 and the Government were saying that inflation was around 1%, it did not include the 5% council tax increase and the cost of rising rents.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

OMG here's Annie with her Trump obsession.

5 references to the former President in her  last 6 lines of text.

(Does she really have a secret "thing" for him?)  :)

Trastrick 41 posts about Trump this year.

Annie Bynnol 20 posts in reply to Trump propaganda.

If I have an obsession it is with "misinformation" and its use by the far-right and Conspiracy Theorist.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Misinformation from our own Government! They use the measure of inflation(consumer price index CPI)  which is lower than the retail price index(RPI) partly because it does not include housing costs.

So the CPI inflation figure is best used when discussing rising costs that apply to the homeless.

So when local councils increased their council tax in 2020/21 and the Government were saying that inflation was around 1%, it did not include the 5% council tax increase and the cost of rising rents.

How can it as the increases in CT are down to the individual Local Authorities who are also responsible for setting rents as well which vary by area. Incidentally CPI is used to establish a limit on annual rent increases on social housing.

What was that about misinformation....... ;)

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

How can it as the increases in CT are down to the individual Local Authorities who are also responsible for setting rents as well which vary by area. Incidentally CPI is used to establish a limit on annual rent increases on social housing.

What was that about misinformation....... ;)

The ONS manage to record food price increases, despite the numerous shops and other retailers.

There is a separate inflation measure for output prices , the producer price index is currently 9.3%

I am not an expert on inflation like you, but I am guessing that retail prices will follow the PPI?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/producerpriceinflation/december2021includingservicesoctobertodecember2021

6 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Trastrick 41 posts about Trump this year.

Annie Bynnol 20 posts in reply to Trump propaganda.

If I have an obsession it is with "misinformation" and its use by the far-right and Conspiracy Theorist.

That's laudable Annie!

But I must have missed your sterling dismissal of the 5 year "Trump Russia Collusion Hoax Conspiracy Theory", which is now the subject of a current Criminal Investigation.

16 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Thank you for the praise and commendation for correcting your misinformation.

As for the second bit I have no idea what it has to do with your infection of several threads with voluminous, tedious and predictable pro-Trump  posts.

Here's an on topic post about the demise of a once powerful major disseminator of anti-Trump conspiracy theories.

The Hill

CNN's Collapse is now Complete

" Ratings fell 90 percent overall when comparing January 2021 to January 2022. That’s hard to do".

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/592969-cnns-collapse-is-now-complete

CNN have always been an inside joke. Turns out the Trump haters are corrupt too!

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Here's an on topic post about the demise of a once powerful major disseminator of anti-Trump conspiracy theories.

The Hill

CNN's Collapse is now Complete

" Ratings fell 90 percent overall when comparing January 2021 to January 2022. That’s hard to do".

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/592969-cnns-collapse-is-now-complete

CNN have always been an inside joke. Turns out the Trump haters are corrupt too!

Watching ccn implode is the best thing about 2022 so far. 

My money is on stelter being one of the next to go.