What's The Solution To Misinformation?

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They may do, they probably just don't hide the things they are less inclined for you to see 10 pages in, how many people go much further than the first half dozen headings in a Google search.

but surely if they use google results, they use the results that google give? so they are no different?

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

From the opening post

If you are going to ban talk of covid/measures on this thread, then I fully agree with Chekhov's suggestion here-

As that would remove the problem. Otherwise there is clear bias.

No. The bias comes from disallowing covid discussion on a thread whose opening post not only mentions it, but is clearly from the orthodox narrative perspective, and, makes a claim that most from the non-orhtodox perspective would dispute heavily i.e. 

'The consequences of belief in this covid misinformation in terms of death and disease are terrible.'

The bias can be easily removed by editing the reference to covid from the opening post.

The original poster has started this thread to try and get a point across about alleged Covid misinformation and then wants anyone who uses official covid information as an example of this not to have a say.

I agree that the original post needs editing if covid is off limits.

Just now, melthebell said:

but surely if they use google results, they use the results that google give? so they are no different?

I've just explained how Google works in filtering the info way down in the mix, its a clever trick that leads people like you to believe they are innocent of any wrong doing, everything isn't black/white.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

I've just explained how Google works in filtering the info way down in the mix, its a clever trick that leads people like you to believe they are innocent of any wrong doing, everything isn't black/white.

im talking about the other search engines, surely if google filter things down in the mix, then the other search engines, the "better" search engines use googles results which have results filtered down the mix? so they arent any better?

11 minutes ago, Hecate said:

As I said in the post you replied to, and as SFBecca said in her first post ("I've hidden the comment as it is the same graph as posted on the coronavirus thread yesterday"; I believe that was what she was referring to when she subsequently used the word 'post'), you're reposting data already presented and discussed elsewhere and inviting discussion of it here in a thread that was, and I think I might possibly have mentioned this before, is meant to be about... well, unlike you I'm not going to repeat myself yet again.

If there was moderating bias the coronavirus thread/s would be about five pages long.  Get a grip.

This is just a smokescreen it was not the same post at all, stop repeating, err, misinformation. I could prove it to you but it has been deleted

I do not know whether this moderating action was caused by someone complaining but that person should be ashamed of themselves They are proving they do not what debate, but, they are at also proving they have a weak case by having to resort to such underhand tactics. 

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The original poster has started this thread to try and get a point across about alleged Covid misinformation and then wants anyone who uses official covid information as an example of this not to have a say.

I agree that the original post needs editing if covid is off limits.

Exactly this......

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

im talking about the other search engines, surely if google filter things down in the mix, then the other search engines, the "better" search engines use googles results which have results filtered down the mix? so they arent any better?

I think your missing the point, I'll leave it there.

15 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

From the opening post

If you are going to ban talk of covid/measures on this thread, then I fully agree with Chekhov's suggestion here-

As that would remove the problem. Otherwise there is clear bias.

No. The bias comes from disallowing covid discussion on a thread whose opening post not only mentions it, but is clearly from the orthodox narrative perspective, and, makes a claim that most from the non-orhtodox perspective would dispute heavily i.e. 

'The consequences of belief in this covid misinformation in terms of death and disease are terrible.'

The bias can be easily removed by editing the reference to covid from the opening post.

Exactly this (again).......

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

Ah well, it was a potentially interesting thread while it lasted.  Taken over by gleeful, odd and deliberate misinterpretation.  Ironically apt.

Or in other words it was ok while you had carte blanche to claim anything anti covid was misinformation.