What's The Solution To Misinformation?

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I haven't said I don't believe anything from the medical profession, I just don't trust the ones in Johnson's pocket.

Once again each individual has to sort out the wheat from the chaff and live their lives accordingly.

There are plenty of other people better qualified than you or me on the subject and I still believe in the benefit of the vaccines available whilst you prefer to cast doubts based on pure conjecture.

15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Same difference, your saying anything anti CV-19 is misinformation and anyone who claims it isn't shouldn't comment on this thread, ridiculous.

Love, you can say whatever you want about coronavirus.  It's made of fish and Lego, you say?  Excellent!  Once infected, it turns people into boiled eggs?  Fantastic! You could even do an interpretative dance about it and post it on YouTube and then link to it in the coronavirus thread.  Yes, do that.  I'd enjoy that.

7 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I think we're through the looking glass.  Good grief.  I've just typed another post, but honestly? I'm going to go and get a nice mince pie and a mug of coffee.

There is no increase in moderation.  There's coronavirus misinformation aplenty to be had on the coronavirus threads, hundreds of pages of the stuff ready and waiting to be discussed.  Can you hear it crying out? It's calling to you, Chekhov.  Can you hear it? Come over to the Coronavirus thread, Chekhov.  It's lonely over here without you, Chekhov.  Please post that graph again, Chekhov...

😂🤪😁

5 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Love, you can say whatever you want about coronavirus.  It's made of fish and Lego, you say?  Excellent!  Once infected, it turns people into boiled eggs?  Fantastic! You could even do an interpretative dance about it and post it on YouTube and then link to it in the coronavirus thread.  Yes, do that.  I'd enjoy that.

This is pretty much what Johnson's doing and you believe him.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This is pretty much what Johnson's doing and you believe him.

Did he post it in the coronavirus thread?  Because that would be ****ing amazing.

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Once again each individual has to sort out the wheat from the chaff and live their lives accordingly.

There are plenty of other people better qualified than you or me on the subject and I still believe in the benefit of the vaccines available whilst you prefer to cast doubts based on pure conjecture.

Its not conjecture I took the decision not to have the vaccine for the same reason I have never had a flu vaccine - the illness is not a big enough threat to me personally to warrant one, a year on and I have seen nothing that changes that view.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

There is no increase in moderation.  There's coronavirus misinformation aplenty to be had on the coronavirus threads, hundreds of pages of the stuff ready and waiting to be discussed.  Can you hear it crying out? It's calling to you, Chekhov.  Can you hear it? Come over to the Coronavirus thread, Chekhov.  It's lonely over here without you, Chekhov.  Please post that graph again, Chekhov...

Yes there is- multiple covid related threads have been locked or deleted.

The rest of your paragraph is pure goading.

36 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Looks like this topic will be closed as well.

Am I right in saying that, as far as the people here who are critical of the orthodox covid narrative go- if the covid reference in the original post is edited out, they will be totally happy, and content to not post covid stuff in this thread? 

[as long as the pro-orthodox narrative people also refrain from bringing it in]

If so, that would seem to be a solution.

Edited by onewheeldave

@onewheeldave not deleted, merged into one covid thread, and then a new thread started as the other was over 1000 pages. this happens with other threads too, if there are numerous of the same topic, no change in moderation at all. 

similar to the no change in moderation - if a report is put in it is looked into and appropriate action taken, I don't go actively moderating as it always has been. 

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Yes there is- multiple covid related threads have been locked or deleted.

With a nice one waiting for you here.  It's long been standard forum practice to keep discussion of one subject confined to one thread.  You've been around here more than long enough to know that.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

The rest of your paragraph is pure goading.

No, that was humour.