Budgie Breeders

cuttsie

Sheffield was at one time known for its famous Budgie breeeding 

Some of em spent hours in their sheds or aviaries . One Prominent breeder was Stan Wainwright a driving instructor who lived in a pre fab at Stannington 

Stan was well known through out the budgie World and at one time had the biggest green Kock ever seen .  He was In partnership with a bloke named Vic Smith who bred Violet birds .

Other famous breeders where Charlie Marsh , Phillip Reaney and Bill Ruffan .

Edited by cuttsie

11 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

That was Stan , He would stop in the middle of rush hour traffic while giving lessons . Miles of traffic would build up behind , but Stan never turned a hair , In fact he did not even notice .

To be honest, driving around Sheffield is no different today.

RED LIGHT = STOP

GREEN LIGHT = GO

Sheffield's motorists still have yet to grasp this simple concept.

40 minutes ago, The Joker said:

To be honest, driving around Sheffield is no different today.

RED LIGHT = STOP

GREEN LIGHT = GO

Sheffield's motorists still have yet to grasp this simple concept.

What about budgies , Green ones , blue ones , white ones , yellow ones but no red .

When we lived in the Wicker one of our pals parents owned the little shop on the corner  of Johnson St. and Stanley St. One day when I was in their house his dad took me and my pal up in the attic which was full of those wire budgie cages. Full of birds, they were lovely and I never forgot that little moment in my life. His son also had a little steam engine which fascinated me. He also had a pair of boxing gloves and we had a glove each and boxed with one arm behind our backs. Happy days.

As a lad I kept foreign finches . When I left school/ started work, my dad took them over and gradually moved on to breeding and showing Red Factor Canaries. I was never interested in Budgies but now I’m thinking of getting one for the Grandkids.    If anyone out there has young budgies please let me know.

On 10/12/2021 at 18:18, cuttsie said:

Sheffield was at one time known for its famous Budgie breeeding 

Some of em spent hours in their sheds or aviaries . One Prominent breeder was Stan Wainwright a driving instructor who lived in a pre fab at Stannington 

Stan was well known through out the budgie World and at one time had the biggest green Kock ever seen .  He was In partnership with a bloke named Vic Smith who bred Violet birds .

Other famous breeders where Charlie Marsh , Phillip Reaney and Bill Ruffan .

I remember one of Cuttsie's champion budgies, Joey, it had just started talking and one of the kids opened the window whilst it was flying loose and we lost it, our lass was devastated.