Why Are Gps Paid More Than Electricians?

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

The wife and I have noted that teachers perform amongst the worst of the professionals on TV quiz shows.

I know someone who couldn't do the maths part of the university course. It was a course for junior school teaching. She had to resit the whole thing again. She had private tuition and passed.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Went to the Docs last year for a routine yearly check up...

The doctor had to take a blood sample, 3 attempts in my left arm and he couldn't find the vein, finished up succeeding in my right arm.

(I hate ruddy needles)

Went last Friday, saw the nurse, in and out in a couple of minutes, job done, no problem..

I rest my case.

I'm the same unless they're laden with ink 💀🦅🐍.

You didn't mention if the nurse managed to get any blood at the same time as your indiscretion Padders :suspect::blush::suspect::hihi:.

Anyway back on subject.

Why do GP's get paid more ?

Coz they Ah !

See the source image

Edited by Rockers rule
-

22 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Every GP appointment I've ever had I told them the symptoms and they told me the medication. After a bit of experience that's not difficult. If they don't know they send you to the hospital. It is no more difficult than a skilled tradesman. Teachers are over rated as well.

Deliberately missing out the 7 + years of studies and exams to get to be a GP in the first place.....  "after a bit of experience" my backside.

I don't believe a word you say. You are clearly speaking like a true working class low skilled thicko jealous of anyone who has got career advancements or become a qualified professional.

You constantly bandy about this ridiculous working class vs middle class tripe as if it's still relevant in 2021.   It isn't, there are huge grey areas overlapping the so called class system and a brand new breed of workers doing jobs never existing before.  The boundaries between what was traditionally deemed working and middle-class have long gone. For the next generation, even the so-called lowest paid workers still have assets, goods and lifestyles that the traditional lower class could only dream of. The world has moved on and you need to drag yourself through it.

Clip clop back under your rock.  Is clear what your purpose with this thread is.   There's no such debate.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Deliberately missing out the 7 + years of studies and exams to get to be a GP in the first place.....  "after a bit of experience" my backside.

I don't believe a word you say. You are clearly speaking like a true working class low skilled thicko jealous of anyone who has got career advancements or become a qualified professional.

Clip clop back under your rock.  Is clear what your purpose with this thread is.   There's no such debate.  

I've got a degree, dopey. I did a 4 year sandwich course. I've also worked on a building site.

So I'm more qualified to have an opinion. My opinion is that it's as difficult to work in a trade as a profession.

And I'm not surprised by your thicko comment it prove I was right that there is a genuine class divide and middle class people have a low opinion of the plebs.

8 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I've got a degree, dopey. I did a 4 year sandwich course. I've also worked on a building site.

So I'm more qualified to have an opinion. My opinion is that it's as difficult to work in a trade as a profession.

And I'm not surprised by your thicko comment it prove I was right that there is a genuine class divide and middle class people have a low opinion of the plebs.

It is "more difficult" shoveling piles of dung all day every day compared to someone sat at a computer clicking a few mouse buttons and doing some keyboarding to keep the national powergrid running. However it is very obvious which job deserves more pay. It is obvious which profession requires the skills and qualifications in order to do the role. It is obvious why one will get paid significantly more than another.

Hardly a difficult concept.

As for my deliberate thicko comment it is a response to your own position. If you want to go around attacking the so-called White Collar midddle classes making your ridiculous assumptions about how they are all privileged, how easy they all have it, how simply anyone could do what they so, how easier it all is....... expect some fight back.

Not every graduate in a high-level position has had a silver spoon wedged up their backside. 

Whatever type of cheese sandwich course you did it is how you present yourself at the other end that counts.    IMO  opinion, based on your conduct on this forum repeatedly, not very well. You are filled with jealousy, venom against anyone in privileged positions and reverse snobbery.

Since you claim you are now part of the professional classes, I'd like to know if you bandy such words around with your fellow colleagues as you seem to do under your username on here.   How do they take being told that they are all privileged middle classes who had it easy compare to your former trade?  

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Whatever type of cheese sandwich course you did it is how you present yourself at the other end that counts.    IMO  opinion, based on your conduct on this forum repeatedly, not very well. You are filled with jealousy, venom against anyone in privileged positions and reverse snobbery.

Since you claim you are now part of the professional classes, I'd like to know if you bandy such words around with your fellow colleagues as you seem to do under your username on here.   How do they take being told that they are all privileged middle classes who had it easy compare to your former trade?  

You sound very bitter.

A great deal of my time over the last 20 years has been spent in court representing organisation. Some of them major property owners. I've been to about 12 courts in the North of England.

I wouldn't be offensive to an individual I work with. I bet you would, you seem to be a bullying manlet.

The point of this thread is the comparison between jobs, over a lifetime, and their role in society. All jobs have responsibility and skills. A doctor couldn't lay bricks and a bricklayer couldn't diagnose a disease. After a bit of training they could though. I don't think I've said Bricklayers should be paid the same as Doctors, but Bricklayers should be paid more and Doctors less.

5 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't think I've said Bricklayers should be paid the same as Doctors, but Bricklayers should be paid more and Doctors less.

You're a Tory stooge trying to to discredit the NHS.  Can I claim my prize now ?

3 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

The point of this thread is the comparison between jobs, over a lifetime, and their role in society. All jobs have responsibility and skills. A doctor couldn't lay bricks and a bricklayer couldn't diagnose a disease. After a bit of training they could though. I don't think I've said Bricklayers should be paid the same as Doctors, but Bricklayers should be paid more and Doctors less.

Some jobs have the same skills, but not a bricklayer and a GP.

A bricklayer needs good practical skills, a GP needs to memorise all the different medical conditions and drugs.

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You're a Tory stooge trying to to discredit the NHS.  Can I claim my prize now ?

No. I've voted once for the Tories, because of Brexit. All the other times Labour. Might have voted Independent way back. Think I once voted for Christian Alliance Party (or somat) because I was sick of them all. I still am. I think Nurses should be paid more and Doctors less.

If I was you I'd change my name to the Penguin.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Some jobs have the same skills, but not a bricklayer and a GP.

A bricklayer needs good practical skills, a GP needs to memorise all the different medical conditions and drugs.

Depends on the Bricklayer. There are varieties. Some read complicated plans and organise the build. You couldn't do that after a 6 month training period. My GP googles things all the time.

9 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

No. I've voted once for the Tories, because of Brexit. All the other times Labour. Might have voted Independent way back. Think I once voted for Christian Alliance Party (or somat) because I was sick of them all. I still am. I think Nurses should be paid more and Doctors less.

If I was you I'd change my name to the Penguin.

Depends on the Bricklayer. There are varieties. Some read complicated plans and organise the build. You couldn't do that after a 6 month training period. My GP googles things all the time.

Can you let Boris and Priti know that all it takes to be a doctor is to know how to use Google please? They will love that. 

Make everyone a doctor that has a basic understanding of the internet, no need for foreign doctors, plug the gap in th NHS, solve the unemployment crisis and kill off the older population due to a lack of actual medical knowledge/experience. 

Everyone wins