Why Are Gps Paid More Than Electricians?

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hi Daddio,

Always read your posts and mostly agree with you...

Anyway It's that time of the year when people should make an effort to be nice to each other...

So,

Can I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a lovely Christmas and a Healthy and Happy new year.....

Stay safe pal.

Howdoo Padders. Ditto, I love reading your posts, you crack me up and have genuinely given me a boost on a bad day. I'm grateful for that mate. 

I'd also like to wish you and you family a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous New year 🎄

You stay safe too 🙏

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Howdoo Padders. Ditto, I love reading your posts, you crack me up and have genuinely given me a boost on a bad day. I'm grateful for that mate. 

I'd also like to wish you and you family a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous New year 🎄

You stay safe too 🙏

Gordon Bennett you're being extra nice tonight?

Everyone who deals with the public should be held to account, irrespective of their profession or position in society. My wife has just come out of hospital and speaks very well of the treatment that she received, however our GP practice who referred her to the hospital have constantly pestered me for news of her condition but wouldn’t tell me anything of why they referred her, telling me that it was ‘confidential’. The last call was from a doctor who asked me for details of the hospital’s findings, which I didn’t know, she insisted that I find out, to which I replied “sorry it’s confidential”.

As for my own recent experiences of our GP practice, I was reminded by the NHS that I was on their ‘Vulnerable’ list in respect or Covid and should contact my GP practice for ‘priority’ attention. In reality I know younger people with no health problems who received their jabs weeks before me, I am not impressed.

Edited by crookesey

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Everyone who deals with the public should be held to account, irrespective of their profession or position in society. My wife has just come out of hospital and speaks very well of the treatment that she received, however our GP practice who referred her to the hospital have constantly pestered me for news of her condition but wouldn’t tell me anything of why they referred her, telling me that it was ‘confidential’. The last call was from a doctor who asked me for details of the hospital’s findings, which I didn’t know, she insisted that I find out, to which I replied “sorry it’s confidential”.

As for my own recent experiences of our GP practice, I was reminded by the NHS that I was on their ‘Vulnerable’ list in respect or Corvid and should contact my GP practice for ‘priority’ attention. In reality I know younger people with no health problems who received their jabs weeks before me, I am not impressed.

My experiences over the years has been the same. My GP, about 15 years ago, started early morning appointments. I made one at 7.15 before work and he was the most arrogant, ignorant get I've ever met. He obviously didn't want to be there. My ex had a disabled sister who was misdiagnosed and she died. The list goes on.

GP surgeries need a complete overall. They're so unorganised. I would recommend someone who has never worked for the NHS to do this. For a starter it's supposed to be a public service so I don't know why they're not opening at weekends. No doubt there are more GPs needed. Don't put them in new surgeries put them in the existing ones and increase opening hours.

2 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

My experiences over the years has been the same. My GP, about 15 years ago, started early morning appointments. I made one at 7.15 before work and he was the most arrogant, ignorant get I've ever met. He obviously didn't want to be there. My ex had a disabled sister who was misdiagnosed and she died. The list goes on.

GP surgeries need a complete overall. They're so unorganised. I would recommend someone who has never worked for the NHS to do this. For a starter it's supposed to be a public service so I don't know why they're not opening at weekends. No doubt there are more GPs needed. Don't put them in new surgeries put them in the existing ones and increase opening hours.

So what we’re both attempting to say is that anyone dealing with us owes us the same amount of respect that we give to them, irrespective of their position in life.

It took some time but we finally got there. 👍

Just to keep the thread going how about so called ‘Estate Agents’? I’ve been party to the purchase, redevelopment and sale/rental of several properties. All that I ever did was to check the previous sale prices of undeveloped units, against the sale prices of developed units, estimated development costs and got on with it if the figures worked out, without having an estate agent involved. The same applies to rentals, which didn’t suit me as tenants can be a total pain, however all I did was look up past rental prices, just as the agents do.

Edited by crookesey

51 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Just to keep the thread going how about so called ‘Estate Agents’? I’ve been party to the purchase, redevelopment and sale/rental of several properties. All that I ever did was to check the previous sale prices of undeveloped units, against the sale prices of developed units, estimated development costs and got on with it if the figures worked out, without having an estate agent involved. The same apples to rentals, which didn’t suit me as tenants can be a total pain, however all I did was look up past rental prices, just as the agents do.

Correct. I worked for an estate agent for a while as a Valuer. I worked mostly in rentals. I just used to get the trade papers and look at similar properties in the area's value. There can be a difference if there has been improvements or the property has not been maintained. I remember once visiting someone who'd research similar rental values and wanted more because he'd gold taps in the bathroom. 🤣🤣

It's much more complicated on the legal side though, if you want someone out prior to the tenancy ending if they've breached conditions or they won't leave at the end of the tenancy. Most get the lawyers involved. If you're renting there are some good websites and publications on line that walk you through the process.

I have worked on the anti social behaviour side as well and did the evictions etc. I was even once on Panarama as the evil landlord kicking a couple out. Of course they didn't tell Panarama that they'd had 5 warnings and refused to make a claim for Housing Benefit because they'd done it once and the council lost the claim. They thought Santa was going to cough up I think.

On a scale of difficulty I'd say my role was slightly more difficult than a GP but not as hard as being a self-employed builder (of good reputation).

6 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Correct. I worked for an estate agent for a while as a Valuer. I worked mostly in rentals. I just used to get the trade papers and look at similar properties in the area's value. There can be a difference if there has been improvements or the property has not been maintained. I remember once visiting someone who'd research similar rental values and wanted more because he'd gold taps in the bathroom. 🤣🤣

It's much more complicated on the legal side though, if you want someone out prior to the tenancy ending if they've breached conditions or they won't leave at the end of the tenancy. Most get the lawyers involved. If you're renting there are some good websites and publications on line that walk you through the process.

I have worked on the anti social behaviour side as well and did the evictions etc. I was even once on Panarama as the evil landlord kicking a couple out. Of course they didn't tell that they'd had 5 warnings and refused to make a claim for Housing Benefit because they'd done it once and the council lost the claim. They thought Santa was going to cough up I think.

On a scale of difficulty I'd say my role was slightly more difficult than a GP but not as hard as being a self-employed builder (of good reputation).

"Panarama"?

Spelling and grammar are usually pretty high up in the skills required when in "...in court representing organisation", or when dealing with property contracts, tenancy agreements etc.  The English that is used in matters of Law is designed to be correct and avoid ambiguity.

I would assume that those who are able to draft documents and submissions would be paid substantially more than those who have to be corrected.