Why Are Gps Paid More Than Electricians?

35 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

"Panarama"?

Spelling and grammar are usually pretty high up in the skills required when in "...in court representing organisation", or when dealing with property contracts, tenancy agreements etc.  The English that is used in matters of Law is designed to be correct and avoid ambiguity.

I would assume that those who are able to draft documents and submissions would be paid substantially more than those who have to be corrected. 

Thank you for yor input you little grammar Nazi. Panorama

Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

Thank you for yor input you little grammar Nazi. Panorama

PS It's 2021 and all forms come pre printed, with little input needed.

1 hour ago, SheffieldBricky said:

PS It's 2021 and all forms come pre printed, with little input needed.

Pre printed forms have still to be filled in accurately and unambiguously.

A quick look at history would have told you that legal people have been filling in pre printed forms for more than five hundred years.

Pre printed forms have largely been replaced by online equivalents and associated electronic signatures. You can also print them out and add a physical signature.

As it is 2021 most of us are familiar with spell checkers with those squiggly red lines.

We are also told that a poorly drafted document could be an indicator of the authenticity of a document.

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Pre printed forms have still to be filled in accurately and unambiguously.

A quick look at history would have told you that legal people have been filling in pre printed forms for more than five hundred years.

Pre printed forms have largely been replaced by online equivalents and associated electronic signatures. You can also print them out and add a physical signature.

As it is 2021 most of us are familiar with spell checkers with those squiggly red lines.

We are also told that a poorly drafted document could be an indicator of the authenticity of a document.

I've never heard of anyone in estate management or lettings drafting a tenancy agreement. Lawyers write them up. On tenancy agreements all the terms and conditions are printed. The agent/landlord fills in the blanks. Address, rent etc. This all started because I spelt Panorama wrong and now you're insisting all sorts of irrelevant stuff.

Go to bed, you're getting grouchy.

55 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I've never heard of anyone in estate management or lettings drafting a tenancy agreement. Lawyers write them up. On tenancy agreements all the terms and conditions are printed. The agent/landlord fills in the blanks. Address, rent etc. This all started because I spelt Panorama wrong and now you're insisting all sorts of irrelevant stuff.

Go to bed, you're getting grouchy.

I thought you were the "lawyer" when you said  previously that you had been to University and attended "... court representing organisation."

There was me thinking that you were drafting the legal documents rather than filling forms, which obviously makes my point about English used in matters of Law is being designed to be correct and avoid ambiguity irrelevant.

Which of course begs the question:

Who should be paid more, the form filler or the one who used their legal expertise to draft and add veracity to the form?

6 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I thought you were the "lawyer" when you said  previously that you had been to University and attended "... court representing organisation."

There was me thinking that you were drafting the legal documents rather than filling forms, which obviously makes my point about English used in matters of Law is being designed to be correct and avoid ambiguity irrelevant.

Which of course begs the question:

Who should be paid more, the form filler or the one who used their legal expertise to draft and add veracity to the form?

It's quite usual for an Estate Manager to attend court. They attend that often that employing a Lawyer would be too expensive.

I doubt many Lawyers draft forms for property court appearances. Applications to court are online. Tenancy Agreements are printed and can even be bought from high street shops. They're just basically a list of obligations the tenant and landlord have to abide by quoting the relevant legislation. Unless the law changes the agreements wont. 

In a County Court the landlords or his/her representative will have sent all the evidence before hand. It's not a criminal case where lawyers walks up and down before a jury, thumbs in lapels wearing a white wig. It's black and white stuff. It's easy to prove rent hasn't been paid or there has been damage to property. In my experience very few people turn up. In social housing rent cases it's the same (although most turn up) and ASB cases are more complicated. A lawyer is necessary because tenants often fight the case. This is why it's frustrating for neighbours when they're demanding a noisy neighbour be evicted. There needs to be plenty of evidence to put before a judge, by witnesses, or landlords won't even attempt. It's too expensive but the tenant will have a lawyer paid for by legal aid (it's been a while since I attended so I'm not sure, nor would I be surprised if this has been changed).

At the end if the day the Judge decides, the representative just has to be well organised with the documentation, rent payments, photographs etc.

I've been to about 50 evictions I guess and the vast majority of tenants have already gone.

If only there was a Sheffield Forum agreement to ensue users with petty gripes could be evicted.

Edited by SheffieldBricky

To be brutally honest my iPad has a death wish in respect of my posts, it decides what should have been posted and corrects it to suit itself. I attempt to correct all errors but if I miss the odd one it doesn’t make me a remedial fool, some posters remind me of the classroom pets, who went on to such dizzy heights as clerical work for the council.

To prove this I’ve had two attempts on this post.

Edited by crookesey

1 hour ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It's quite usual for an Estate Manager to attend court. They attend that often that employing a Lawyer would be too expensive.

I doubt many Lawyers draft forms for property court appearances. Applications to court are online. Tenancy Agreements are printed and can even be bought from high street shops. They're just basically a list of obligations the tenant and landlord have to abide by quoting the relevant legislation. Unless the law changes the agreements wont. 

In a County Court the landlords or his/her representative will have sent all the evidence before hand. It's not a criminal case where lawyers walks up and down before a jury, thumbs in lapels wearing a white wig. It's black and white stuff. It's easy to prove rent hasn't been paid or there has been damage to property. In my experience very few people turn up. In social housing rent cases it's the same (although most turn up) and ASB cases are more complicated. A lawyer is necessary because tenants often fight the case. This is why it's frustrating for neighbours when they're demanding a noisy neighbour be evicted. There needs to be plenty of evidence to put before a judge, by witnesses, or landlords won't even attempt. It's too expensive but the tenant will have a lawyer paid for by legal aid (it's been a while since I attended so I'm not sure, nor would I be surprised if this has been changed).

At the end if the day the Judge decides, the representative just has to be well organised with the documentation, rent payments, photographs etc.

I've been to about 50 evictions I guess and the vast majority of tenants have already gone.

If only there was a Sheffield Forum agreement to ensue users with petty gripes could be evicted.

It is good to see informative posts like this rather than petty gripes.

8 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Glass houses and all that!............

Your "word salad", above, would be a  "fail" in any English class I taught!

Lol

Just now, cuttsie said:

Was that the English they taught us at Prince Edwards institute of learning on the Manor Top .

Dunno, never took English there. Took Math, Science and Technical Drawing.

It was a long walk up from Hartopp with the drawing board and set square tucked under my arm, It always seemed to be raining and I'd get there late, dying for a pee!  :)