Anyone Buying A New Car?

From July 6, 2022, all newly launched cars will legally have to be fitted with a speed limiter. The European Commission reached a provisional agreement for a driving law change that would see all new vehicles sold in Europe after that date will be fitted with a speed limiter.

At least that wont apply to UK motorists?

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

From July 6, 2022, all newly launched cars will legally have to be fitted with a speed limiter. The European Commission reached a provisional agreement for a driving law change that would see all new vehicles sold in Europe after that date will be fitted with a speed limiter.

At least that wont apply to UK motorists?

I see a new business opportunity in respect of this. 😉

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

How would said speed limiter work though? Because the car we have now has a feature on it, referred to as a "speed limiter", so you set it and you can't go over... 70 for example.

My works vehicle has a speed limiter that is set to 60 mph, that speed cannot be exceded.

I assume these new cars will be the same @ 70 mph

8 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

How would said speed limiter work though? Because the car we have now has a feature on it, referred to as a "speed limiter", so you set it and you can't go over... 70 for example.

A computer linking location (from a GPS) to a database of road speed limits and cameras looking for speed limit signs.