What Are You Doing On Christmas Eve?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I'm spending the evening behind closed doors in "PADDERS BAR"

Drinking some Falling Down water, and boring the pants of my large dummy silicon  👂

Nobody else will listen to me :cry:

Any spare crumpet there ?

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

Always done it this way.

Cook it night before, cuts easier and goes further next day.

Veg 'll be prepared in't morning and cooked in time for dinner.

Keep safe 8)

:thumbsup:

After being surrounded all my life by women who could cook, and finding myself single, I refused to eat restaurant food, and learned to cook. Every Sunday, a traditional Sunday roast,  Roast beef, leg of lamb, or pork roast, with all the fixings, Trial and error though, overdone, underdone, different ovens.

Then I learned a couple of fail safe cheats. A remote thermometer that beeps at 125, rare 135 med, and 145. well. Perfect roast every time.

A turkey was out of the question, though. I seem to remember it was an all night and all day project.

Then a tip from a lady fiend. Market sells fresh turkey parts. Buy a couple of breasts, a couple of legs, and a couple of wings, arrange them in a roast pan to look like a whole turkey.  No prep, no mess, no drama, a couple of hours in the oven, mix a bit of sausage in the Stove Top Stuffing Mix, and Bingo! And I get my turkey sandwiches later.

Never could figure out the Yorkshire Pud thing, though!

These days I'm eating local, healthier stuff, cooked to perfection by my dear partner.

Edited by trastrick

22 hours ago, trastrick said:

After being surrounded all my life by women who could cook, and finding myself single, I refused to eat restaurant food, and learned to cook. Every Sunday, a traditional Sunday roast,  Roast beef, leg of lamb, or pork roast, with all the fixings, Trial and error though, overdone, underdone, different ovens.

Then I learned a couple of fail safe cheats. A remote thermometer that beeps at 125, rare 135 med, and 145. well. Perfect roast every time.

A turkey was out of the question, though. I seem to remember it was an all night and all day project.

Then a tip from a lady fiend. 

She sounds like a lovely Lady.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

She sounds like a lovely Lady.

Actually my ex -wife.  Long since married off, but Still a good friend of the family.

She got me organized!

I've been truly blessed with good women in my life!

Edited by trastrick