Are Morrison's Deliveries Made Using Paper Bags?

I've recently had a couple of Tesco deliveries to my flat and they no longer use any carrier bags (to

reduce the use of plastic.) I have to transfer all my groceries one by one from their large trays to 

a large cardboard box which I have waiting. It's a hassle which I can do without (I'm a pensioner.) 

I went to the Morrison's website to place an order and it said that their groceries are delivered in paper

bags to a customer's home but only in some areas of the country . They don't allow you to check what they do

in Sheffield (or anywhere else.) Can anyone tell me what Morrison's do in Sheffield? 

Rant about Tesco.  (Sorry)

Also the Tesco groceries delivered this morning were very wet due to the rain when Tesco delivered

to my block of flats.

I had ordered a packet of bread mix and a packet of cake mix which were both wet. They are both wrapped

in paper (not cardboard) and the rain will probably make the flour mouldy so I was quite annoyed.  

Surely with all thousands of deliveries which Tesco make across the country each week, someone in the

management team at their head office has provided a method to protect groceries when it is raining?

End of rant!

Thank you to any  kind soul who can answer my question about Morrison's paper bags.

I had a delivery from Tescos and was disappointed to do what the poster above had to do. Transfer all the deliveries from their plastic trays onto my hall carpet while the delivery man just stood at the door.

I found that Iceland are the best. They carry all my deliveries in plastic carrier bags from their van into my hall, then I put them away myself from the carrier bags. No trouble at all.!

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

There are waterproof biodegradable bags available. I wonder why they don't use those?

The Morrisons paper bags are strong and pretty waterproof. They would probably fall apart if you submerged them for a while, but they are well up to the job of carrying your groceries in the rain.

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

The Morrisons paper bags are strong and pretty waterproof. They would probably fall apart if you submerged them for a while, but they are well up to the job of carrying your groceries in the rain.

That is the impression I got Delbow. For powder items like flour  etc to become wet  in these bags, the item would need to be at the top of the bag, and for a longer period than it takes to walk from the car to the door.

Edited by Janus
Typo

Shame supermarkets couldn't do a deposit-return scheme type thing where you keep the trays and swap them out on the next delivery. If you don't return the trays then you're charged X amount. 

Cuts down on plastic waste, doesn't require paper. (because we're all about saving plastics but cutting down even more trees for the paper to replace it) & helps everyone all round. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

I have now had a few deliveries from Morrison's. They deliver your groceries in (used) plastic carrier bags for which they charge 10p for each bag. You can return the bags to the driver when they next deliver, and you get the money refunded.

The bags are colour coded so that you know which bags hold the food which needs to go straight into the fridge/freezer (which I find useful.)

A friend who lives in Lancashire gets deliveries in strong paper bags. I'm happy  with Morrison's and I will stay with them. 

Thank you, to all who replied to my post