The End For The Adelphi

Wodoish!!!

The adelphi doesn't promote itself, the events that are hosted there get word accross. it's not as if they can't attract the crowd cos it's always packed. I don't even know why it's shutting down.

Answers please.......

The adelphi doesn't promote itself, the events that are hosted there get word accross. it's not as if they can't attract the crowd cos it's always packed. I don't even know why it's shutting down.

Answers please.......

I'm not convinced it was always packed -a *few* nights did good numbers up there but not many. I went to some Zoggs out there & as a venue it was great - an old converted cinmea - a bit like some London venues - but less people made the effort to get out there than a city centre venue and I've heard tales of some nights really doing badly (like under 50 people)... so its no real surpsie its shutting...

Is that the one in Attercliffe?. What was it, a bingo hall or something.:)

Yes it was a bingo hall.

I had no idea that it was any kind of club. Although at one time they were going to open it as a music school for people to learn to make dance music or something ( from the people who used to run the Darnall Music Factory ). Someone told me about 10 years ago that there was IT training in there, and I heard about some kind of swingers scene which met there from time to time.

Yes it was a bingo hall.

I had no idea that it was any kind of club. Although at one time they were going to open it as a music school for people to learn to make dance music or something ( from the people who used to run the Darnall Music Factory ). Someone told me about 10 years ago that there was IT training in there, and I heard about some kind of swingers scene which met there from time to time.

I see thankyou fellow Martian :hihi:

Archived