Dear Mods It's Time For An Amnesty

Just now, pattricia said:

One poster , can’t remember his name used to come on SF every Saturday night after the pubs had turned out. He was always tipsy,and his posts were hilarious but I think he eventually got a life ban.

Most of the characters got those. 

The previous administration seemed to hate individuality and anyone with a good sense of humour. Unless they were fully paid up members of of the Clique of course. 

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Most of the characters got those. 

The previous administration seemed to hate individuality and anyone with a good sense of humour. Unless they were fully paid up members of of the Clique of course. 

Well they always used to say it was a family forum so I suppose people had to watch what they posted.

Jabberwocky was hilarious but now posts on Facebook.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Well they always used to say it was a family forum so I suppose people had to watch what they posted.

Jabberwocky was hilarious but now posts on Facebook.

I get the family forum angle but in my humble view that was not the reason many got banned. 

Usually it was having the wrong view. Simple as that. 

Some Mods and some admin were just bullies who loved a bit of power. But that's just my view. 

I had no problem with the Mods 'cept for one,  but the posters who were banned used to wind people up over the slightest thing,  it was usually ones who have been named - imo if peeps were less antagonistic we would hear the views of more posters,  rather than them being 'jumped on' if they have a more moderate opposing view.

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

I had no problem with the Mods 'cept for one,  but the posters who were banned used to wind people up over the slightest thing,  it was usually ones who have been named - imo if peeps were less antagonistic we would hear the views of more posters,  rather than them being 'jumped on' if they have a more moderate opposing view.

I agree Cressy.

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

Dead right, @cressida. I have noticed members of a certain self-appointed group of individuals on here who jump on anyone who, as you say, have a less antagonistic, or different angle on a subject - which is why I don't post as often as I could. I just can't be bothered trying to reason with those who won't listen to any ones voice but their own.

Edited by RollingJ

1 minute ago, cressida said:

Sure there were the real trouble causes, that's life unfortunately but they were in the tiny minority. 

No, in my opinion if you weren't in the Clique then you were likely getting banned for the slightest indiscretion and often for nothing at all. 

Look at the boards now. There's healthy sometimes heated debate. People can have apposing views, there are no patronising stickies from Mods and admin. People just get on with it and the new owners and mods seem to prefer the gentle approach. This approach encourages people to behave responsibly as far as Im concerned 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Sure there were the real trouble causes, that's life unfortunately but they were in the tiny minority. 

No, in my opinion if you weren't in the Clique then you were likely getting banned for the slightest indiscretion and often for nothing at all. 

Look at the boards now. There's healthy sometimes heated debate. People can have apposing views, there are no patronising stickies from Mods and admin. People just get on with it and the new owners and mods seem to prefer the gentle approach. This approach encourages people to behave responsibly as far as Im concerned 

Emboldened bit - doesn't work on a certain sub-set, though.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Dead right, @cressida. I have noticed members of a certain self-appointed group of individuals on here who jump on anyone who, as you say, have a less antagonistic, or different angle on a subject - which is why I don't post as often as I could. I just can't be bothered trying to reason with those who won't listen to any ones voice but their own.

Just ignore them. I don't mean put them on ignore. Just ignore their contributions. There are several members who go out of their way to try and get under my skin. I just ignore them and get on with things. Eventually they realise you won't engage with them and they stop hassling you. 

Just a suggestion 👍

Just now, RollingJ said:

Emboldened bit - doesn't work on a certain sub-set, though.

Sadly I have to agree but my last post about ignoring some posters definitely includes those people too.