Dear Mods It's Time For An Amnesty

2 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It changed when the adverts started to appear. Pop ups from big business. They didn't want to deter them. If it was a business choice from Geoff then that was up to him.

As a pretend business man Geoff ought to have stuck to running a forum, as business was beyond him.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Most of the characters got those. 

The previous administration seemed to hate individuality and anyone with a good sense of humour. Unless they were fully paid up members of of the Clique of course. 

I knew a poster or two who were associates drinking pals  of mods , They got away with murder and any one who disagreed with them got banned .

Just now, cuttsie said:

I knew a poster or two who were associates drinking pals  of mods , They got away with murder and any one who disagreed with them got banned .

I 100% believe that. 

I mentioned before how I used to talk to one of the Mods on pm (he kind of liked one of my characters lol) and he made it clear there were untouchable posters who were not to be banned. I was not surprised to hear this but having a mod say it was all the clarification I needed. 

Just now, crookesey said:

Knowing when not to do is often better than doing in my business experience.

Think I know what you mean. I'm probably looking at this from a different angle, though - I was a mod on a section of an ISP forum for quite a while, and we had proper training, from others who had been doing the job for a while. One thing I remember from that training was the instruction to treat other posters opinions with respect and only issue warnings/bans when the individual stepped over the line after being advised of the actual forum rule they had broken - and continued to break.