Sheffield City Council

housing by scc is a mess, more staff than needed ,set on loads of staff to visit homes every year ,then find out they cannot visit without a invite ,so ask then if we would like them to visit ,what a waste of money, why not check first, the idea was good, see if anyone was doing anything illegal or did a oap  need help, but to set on then find out these people couldnt do the job intended was a waste.then scc decided to use them to settle tennants disputes with  other tennants that failed,so what are all these staff doing now?

After the debacle with gas service my boiler has broken down. After 70 minutes waiting repairs service, told me ,at 11am, a representative would attend before 6pm today or if not before 6pm tomorrow. Despite information re my age and disabilities. I was only advised to ‘wrap up warm' and wait for the engineer. I’m up at this time of night because I’m boiling up water to reheat water bottle when house temperature at 8 degrees 

12 hours ago, crookesey said:

Why not? They could then charge at the hourly rate, with their habit of sending half the total work force, it could subsidise future council works substantially.

This is unfair. As a council tenant my repairs have been effectively carried out by a single operative. As a previous home owner I accepted the responsibility and cost of maintenance, as a SCC tenant I have a contract for repairs and maintenance, costs of which are included in my rent payment 

4 hours ago, catmiss said:

This is unfair. As a council tenant my repairs have been effectively carried out by a single operative. As a previous home owner I accepted the responsibility and cost of maintenance, as a SCC tenant I have a contract for repairs and maintenance, costs of which are included in my rent payment 

My sarcasm appears to have gone over your head, not to worry. 🌞

8 hours ago, catmiss said:

I was without hot water for a week when my boiler broke down. I live in a private rented home.

Sorry, I seem to have quoted the right poster but the wrong comment.

Edited by saywhatnow

I get the impression that this country is slowly grinding to a halt. Covid makes a good excuse, but really?

It's been 2 years. Things should be in place by now to overcome the sort od difficulties people are having. 

I remember Neil Kinnock saying in his leadership challenge, 'Don't get old, don't get sick, don't be disabled in this country, because the help simply won't be there.'

That's how this feels to me.

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

I get the impression that this country is slowly grinding to a halt. Covid makes a good excuse, but really?

It's been 2 years. Things should be in place by now to overcome the sort od difficulties people are having.

We have all really got to do our bit.

Cannot just blame the Government;  I think its mostly COVID to blame.

My employer operates around 100 minibuses, 25 of them were at our garage on Friday morning. People have taken early retirement because of the cuts and COVID on top of that.

My minibus needs a new headlight bulb, I will attempt to buy one and fit it tomorrow, they are only a couple of £££

Edited by El Cid