Waste Disposal

@Stanmash

If the food waste you refer to is cooked food, don't  put it on your compost heap because it will attract rats. If you are referring to peelings/egg shells/tea leaves it is ok. 

Food waste that goes for commercial composting is processed at much higher temperatures.

11 hours ago, Janus said:

@Stanmash

If the food waste you refer to is cooked food, don't  put it on your compost heap because it will attract rats. If you are referring to peelings/egg shells/tea leaves it is ok. 

Food waste that goes for commercial composting is processed at much higher temperatures.

agree with the above but as in #9 I'd be putting the tea (bags or leaves) in with the wine mash.

(well I would have in my drinking daze 🥴 ) 

Tea wine has to be one of the easiest wines to make at home.

Keep safe 8) .

It is a good thing to compost, Rockers.🖒

I did find that the matarial that the tea bag is made from doesn't decompose easily,  if at all. Changes are are being made by some of the tea companies to cease putting plastic in the production of the bag material . That has to  be a good thing. 

Bags are quick and convenient, but loose leaf tea seems to be the healthy option.

1 hour ago, Janus said:

It is a good thing to compost, Rockers.🖒

I did find that the matarial that the tea bag is made from doesn't decompose easily,  if at all. Changes are are being made by some of the tea companies to cease putting plastic in the production of the bag material . That has to  be a good thing. 

Bags are quick and convenient, but loose leaf tea seems to be the healthy option.

While I tip my hat to the gardeners of this world and commend the none disposal of waste products into land fill.

Gardening and petrol heads don't often mix in the same world :hihi: .

Don't get me wrong I don't think everything should be concreted over in-fact  one of my pet hates is the up-taking of perfectly good front lawns for the parking of vehicles (my only concession to gardening ). 

I'm proud to say I was 40 before I bought a lawnmower :hihi:.

The wine making was something I did years ago (Teetotal 16 years) (Coffee total). 

Markets were always good late on on a Saturday for buying / being given fruit & veg by stall holders who were only to happy to be ridden of them.

Keep safe & drink responsibly 8) .

• 2 weeks later...