Beatles Concert 9th Nov. 1964

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

the Helen Shapiro tour featuring the Beatles as second billing at Sheffield City Hall was in March 1963.

Yes that’s right 

My initial comment was with regard to the concert that featured Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers and the Vernons Girls which was later that year

1 hour ago, Dreb48 said:

Yes that’s right 

My initial comment was with regard to the concert that featured Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers and the Vernons Girls which was later that year

Also on the Helen Shapiro tour was Kenny Lynch and Irish comedian Dave Allen was the compere.

My recollection is that they came March 63 twice, firstly with Helen Shapiro then with Chris Montez and Tommy Roe
They then came in May with Roy Orbison and finally that year they came in November .

The following year, and the subject of this thread, they appeared just once in November 64.

It’s confusing cos they came so many times over a short period in 63 just as they were becoming so huge .

I was at King Teds from 59 to 66.

Ive no recollection of the name you mentioned. I’m sure he wasn’t in our year