Any Charity Shops Taking Toys And Games?

Delbow

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

Barnardos in Hillsborough Bradfield Road near iceland's, we donated there when we had a clearout before our move last month.

I find them a bit sniffy about stuff that you take in. It's humiliating for donors to have to go up to the desk and have the woman say no we won't accept this or that item. I've had to take items home again. No wonder people would rather drop off bin bags in the doorway when they are shut.

There must be child care settings that would welcome this stuff? We are snowed under with brightly-coloured plastic and would love to pass it on to organisations that can make use of it. I've passed on a few bits via Freegle and the welcoming charity shops but we could do with a place to drop off bags of the stuff that the kids have outgown.

3 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I find them a bit sniffy about stuff that you take in. It's humiliating for donors to have to go up to the desk and have the woman say no we won't accept this or that item. I've had to take items home again. No wonder people would rather drop off bin bags in the doorway when they are shut.

There must be child care settings that would welcome this stuff? We are snowed under with brightly-coloured plastic and would love to pass it on to organisations that can make use of it. I've passed on a few bits via Freegle and the welcoming charity shops but we could do with a place to drop off bags of the stuff that the kids have outgown.

They've always been fine with us, also Mind were good at taking ceramic and odd knicnaks shoes and clothes usually saw then in the window next day.

but i get what you're saying, I think charity shops will take more things when their stocks are low. I know that they have to pay a collection service for the items being binned out the back, so most charity shops are like that now, I guess they know their market and want quick turnarounds.