Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

Guest makapaka
14 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I don’t think it’s unusual.
I once worked in West Germany in a drawing office attached to a concrete works and it was common to see the lads with pints in the canteen at 7:00am. The offices had beer vending machines and the boss was ok with us having the odd beer whilst working.

I’ve never seen anyone drinking whilst working but it was common to see supervisors (particularly foreign supervisors) having a can or a bottle of beer at their desk when their shift finished. This was relatively recently too.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I’ve never seen anyone drinking whilst working but it was common to see supervisors (particularly foreign supervisors) having a can or a bottle of beer at their desk when their shift finished. This was relatively recently too.

well I can assure you that back in the day I would often drink at work (office not factory) and would regularly have liquid lunches

20 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

well I can assure you that back in the day I would often drink at work (office not factory) and would regularly have liquid lunches

Me too. In fact, most of our office staff would spend every lunchtime in the West Street pub during the 70s and 80s. In fact, my last job in the city centre usually involved the Bessamer or All Bar One at lunchtimes, and I'm talking only 5/6 years ago.

32 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Me too. In fact, most of our office staff would spend every lunchtime in the West Street pub during the 70s and 80s. In fact, my last job in the city centre usually involved the Bessamer or All Bar One at lunchtimes, and I'm talking only 5/6 years ago.

I am sure we could spend hours swapping stories of our liquid lunch adventures back in the last century

14 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

I am sure we could spend hours swapping stories of our liquid lunch adventures back in the last century

Indeed, let's not forget the many pubs in Attercliffe and other industrial areas in Sheffield that had a thriving lunchtime clientele where the steelworkers and toolmakers were replenishing their lost sweat from the heavy tasks they were doing.

SCC have got thereselves in a mess with this one , Given that a council spokesman denied that she had been at a lockdown Party, either she has lied to the council in which case her position is untenable or she told the truth and the council are culpable of a cover up