Uk Economy 2022

I bet the people who supported longer Covid lockdowns and restrictions will be the first to complain about our economy being in crisis

We now have to find a way to pay back £500bn that we borrowed so that people can sit at home for a year because of the flu

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

As the cost of living rises we are going to see more and more people become the working poor.

A standard wage will no longer cover all the normal bills and expenses. 

How did we get to this?

Good morning Anna,

I trust you've noticed on the news " the worlds top wealthiest men have seen their wealth double during the pandemic, while the poor have got poorer."

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

As the cost of living rises we are going to see more and more people become the working poor.

A standard wage will no longer cover all the normal bills and expenses. 

How did we get to this?

How did we get in to this?

I think a symptom of human civilisation styling itself such that we have too much power and control, in the hands of a few (who are acting in their own interests). The problem is global.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

This is happening globally......not just in the UK

China is thriving though 🤔

How do you define thriving as many peoples wages are not keeping up with inflation, ie. they are getting poorer.

Dictionary definioun - thriving (prosperous and growing; flourishing)

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Good morning Anna,

I trust you've noticed on the news " the worlds top wealthiest men have seen their wealth double during the pandemic, while the poor have got poorer."

Hi Padders. Not heard the news today but you don't surprise me at all. The poor are about to get a lot of new mates to keep them company I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Please stop linking to RPI as that is not how inflation is calculated no matter how much you want it to.  :rolleyes:

Its a Government web site measuring inflation in RPI!

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Is that the relative poor who really are not poor?

That may be millions of UK workers, including NHS and all those prised KEY workers!