Save The Bbc

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Would love to know how much the Beeb pay that wonderful actor Danny Dire for his acting in a soap and that great gameshow he grunts through ,

Who knows,if they can pay June Sarpong £270k a year for a part time job doing who or what knows(it probably got Jenas and Scott jobs)they could be paying him millions.

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

I like Danny but I guess a working class lad who slags off the Tories is a bit too much for a pair of cap doffing forelock tuggers like you two.

Danny descends from  royalty, a nobleman blood runs through him, I guess that makes him the noblegeezer to some people, he's just an elite Luvvie really, just doing the Mockney Classical interpretation  to amuse the upper and lower ranks and earn a few bob.

Edited by steve68

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Would love to know how much the Beeb pay that wonderful actor Danny Dire for his acting in a soap and that great gameshow he grunts through ,

It is suggested that he was getting around £250k for EastEnders with a total package from the BBC (soaps, quizzes, shows etc.) of a million.

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I think there should be a licence fee funded BBC but it should be reduced right back; it has become far too  bloated, trying to do too much, trying to compete with everything.

it should only do things the commercial sector won't.

Much of its output is just "me too" copies of light entertainment and soaps you can find on many other providers. Why is e.g Eastenders publicly funded? Coronation Street isn't, yet we still have that...

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Thanks for posting the link. Looks like a long read, and to be honest, I'm just not all that interested in the topic to go through 46 pages of text!

Hmmm... :huh:

Well I've just had a quick read through it all, and it's not looking good!

I can't see anything in there that disagrees with my original post (#24)...

... and bear in mind that their own report that I quoted of going £27m over budget, and the National Audit Office Report itself, are dated December 2018 - that's 3 years ago...

... so who knows how much over budget the project is now? :roll:

15 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

The BBC do. £27m over budget, totalling £87m.

Hmmm... :huh:

Nope... I don't think they do!

On page 8 of the Audit Office Report, section 11 states:

11 The BBC plans for E20 to be completed in May 2023 – 31 months later than envisaged in its 2015 plans.

So if the project is still ongoing for another year (at least), then there is no assurance that the £27m over budget estimated in December 2018 is still valid.

I read that BBC3 is going to be re-launched as a broadcast channel again, five years after it was dropped because the corporation argued its young viewers had abandoned terrestrial viewing.

In 2016 the BBC Trust said that the move was justified because “independent evidence shows younger audiences are watching more online and watching less linear TV”.

I'm curious to know what's changed.