Symptoms Of Long Covid

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I've no doubt it applies to everyone, but it's rather a telling statistic.

I am not naive enough to realise that " long COVID" is a great excuse for some.

Wonder why it was so much prevelent in the Liverpool area?

Well maybe it is that type of thinking that has resulted in my friend suffering for months with severe fatigue, joint pain, palpitations and tinnitus and it being suggested that it is ‘all in the mind’.  
There will always be malingers.  Just as there will also always be criminals, loophole exploiters and system cheats.  But stigmatising whole groups of people as a result of this isn’t on!  
Imagine being ill for months and how miserable that would be.  And then imagine being ill and people suspecting you of making it up because you’re a lazy, workshy good for nothing!  

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Well maybe it is that type of thinking that has resulted in my friend suffering for months with severe fatigue, joint pain, palpitations and tinnitus and it being suggested that it is ‘all in the mind’.  
There will always be malingers.  Just as there will also always be criminals, loophole exploiters and system cheats.  But stigmatising whole groups of people as a result of this isn’t on!  
Imagine being ill for months and how miserable that would be.  And then imagine being ill and people suspecting you of making it up because you’re a lazy, workshy good for nothing!  

Who is stigmatizing whole groups, certainly not me?

I just found the statistics rather interesting.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Who is stigmatizing whole groups, certainly not me?

I just found the statistics rather interesting.

I thought this was:

“I am not naive enough to realise that " long COVID" is a great excuse for some.

Wonder why it was so much prevelent in the Liverpool area?”

2 hours ago, pfifes said:

I thought this was:

“I am not naive enough to realise that " long COVID" is a great excuse for some.

Wonder why it was so much prevelent in the Liverpool area?”

Statistics state the North West is predominantly higher, not me.  

Why would people not working or " looking for work" suffer from Long COVID more than others?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Statistics state the North West is predominantly higher, not me.  

Why would people not working or " looking for work" suffer from Long COVID more than others?

Socioeconomic deprivation is a risk factor for Long COVID.  Due to poorer general health rather than being a lazy good for nothing.

Have you considered that some people with Long Covid might be unable to work rather than pretending to be ill to avoid work?  I think most people would rather be well and working than making up an illness in order to be idle.

As I said before, there always has been and always will be bad apples.  Don’t judge everyone by their standards though.

Pre-Print article published yesterday, available for download or opening in your browser

Rae @Sunny_Rae1   (Twitter - Bio Dr Rae Duncan MBChB,BSc(HONS), MSc,MD,FRCP, SCMR3,BSE TTE/TOE Accr. Consultant Cardiologist & Long Covid Researcher.)
It’s finished!! Enclosing the PrePrint ahead of publication of our new manuscript.

Delighted to have been part of the team overseeing this modified DELPHI Global consensus document on Long Covid: International consensus from 179 experts across 28 countries 
Long COVID Clinical Evaluation, Research and Impact on Society: A Global Expert Consensus    

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2024 at 09:33, Al Bundy said:

Long COVID Prevalence was highest among those aged 45 to 64, women, people not working or looking for work, and those in the north-west of England.

Well well.

Which doesn;t link to owt to do with long covid,

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Which doesn;t link to owt to do with long covid,

It's because it's a copy and paste quote from an article in Mr Bundy's favourite newspaper, The Guardian. They're fond of linking keywords. 

On 21/08/2024 at 21:05, pfifes said:

Socioeconomic deprivation is a risk factor for Long COVID.  Due to poorer general health rather than being a lazy good for nothing.

Have you considered that some people with Long Covid might be unable to work rather than pretending to be ill to avoid work?  I think most people would rather be well and working than making up an illness in order to be idle.

As I said before, there always has been and always will be bad apples.  Don’t judge everyone by their standards though.

I'd like to get back to working, especially as I don't get any benefits other than the Free NHS prescriptions and treatments, I've certainly not found many if any, that don't look at my circumstances think there by the grace lol

Some days even being idle, would be a struggle.

• Like 1