Nice Beer Garden?

mimicraze

Some that you might have missed.

Three Merry Lads - Redmires. The views from the rear of the building are stunning. Seats and kiddies' play area, the Threes also does good food. Well worth the bus ride. Catch a 51 and it's a five minute walk.

Casa - To most people it's still Hanrahans. On a summer's afternoon, it's THE place to sit and watch the world go by, or at least, those who are still working! Get a bottle of chilled Chablis or grab a bite. I could spend nearly all summer here!

Fulwood Inn - Again, on a hot summer's day, it's great to sit on the sun terrace and chill with friends. Catch a 60 bus. Impressive building in its own right, The Fulwood Inn now welcomes families with (well behaved) children. It's a nice quiet place to spend an afternoon.

If you've got transport then venture into Derbyshire. Try:

Ladybower Inn - views over the dams;

Monsal Head Hotel and Stables - The Stables bar soon gets busy but it's worth it. Real ales, open fire and excellent food. In summer, sit outside with breathtaking views over Monsal Dale. Infact, next time your heading out there......,

Hope this has given you some ideas.

Enjoy!

If your going out to the Ladybower and its no beer garden just tables on the main road( Good for bikes though ) you may like the Anglers down the road in Bamford but again no beer garden as such but the Derwent does a little further down the road. Does the sportsman still have its yard at the back? Many agood night in there years back.

• 3 weeks later...

Well all this talk about beer gardens has made me thirsty..and seen as its my day off work and my m8s aint @ work 2day either i think im going to have to raid the piggy bank for a swift pint at the local pub :)

Originally posted by cheesespider

what pub has the best beer garden in the Ranmoor/Crookes/Walkley/Broomhill/Fulwood area

The Crosspool Tavern at Crosspool has a big beer garden out the back as well as tables at the front.

The Walkley Cottage has a great beer garden, it is still there but the view has been blocked by building of new apartments.

Crookes The Ball has seating out the front and some tables out the back.

Archived