Another T Bone Rta At Meadowhead Junction!

ab6262

24 minutes ago, bassett one said:

went passed there today doing about 35mph,but there was road works there as well,and a car nipped accross me there ,very close,dont think they realise the speed on coming cars are doing.

This is the reality to all of the issues in this thread.

Too many people in cars choose not to (or are incapable of) driving safely.

On 28/01/2022 at 21:55, bassett one said:

went passed there today doing about 35mph,but there was road works there as well,and a car nipped accross me there ,very close,dont think they realise the speed on coming cars are doing.

Don't think it's a case of inability. It's a case of attitude, The me, me, me attitude which has no place behind the wheel. 

People that cause collision in these circumstances should be banned immediately, resit their test and be forced to have a telematic 'black box' for 2 years.

Maybe, and I know that there's insufficient resources to police this, but just maybe if people ended up being properly punished, other than their insurance premiums, for causing collisions then road behaviour would improve.
Maybe phychometric testing to determine driver attitude should be done before allowing someone a licence.

agree with all thats said resident,you only have to look at those just passing there test,many lose there licence very quickly,but its this rush rush attitude,always late also that causes problems

MAJOR smash on the junctiontuesday1st feb

Edited by bassett one

Richard Shaw, the Lib Dem councillor, has posted the following on Facebook:

"TAKING ACTION ON DANGEROUS JUNCTION AT GREENHILL AVENUE AND GREENHILL MAIN ROAD

Since 2018 I've got the council to do two safety reviews of the junction of Greenhill Avenue and Greenhill Main Road - the first in 2018 found that the junction hadn't been built to the agreed design and another last year when council officers agreed to install further give way signs.
I've made my view clear to them that it needs to be a fully signalled crossing and right-turn.
I also raised this issue yesterday in Full Council. The Cabinet member of the Labour/Green administration said there had only been 11 recorded collisions since 2018. I pointed out that a resident living next to the junction had recorded 37 collisions since 2018 and I asked the Cabinet member to join me for site visit to see the problems for themselves and take action sooner rather than later. I will keep residents informed of when that happens."

Edited by northernboy

3 hours ago, Meltman said:

If it hasn't been built to the agreed design then someone is responsible for that and should be accountable. No doubt it will be impossible to find such a person. 

It isn’t uncommon for the “agreed design” to be varied to suit site conditions once construction has started, so I wouldn’t read much into that statement.