Another T Bone Rta At Meadowhead Junction!

ab6262

4 hours ago, ab6262 said:

i never said it would be free, but it wouldn't be half as much as we are led to believe, they already have the roads dept with the computer and roadworks infrastructure, in fact just been past and there is a plain pole with no lights on it all ready installed  for adapting.

How much do you think it would cost? And how much has the council said it would cost? For this specific set of works?

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

The developer will pay for whatever improvements / infrastructure the Council feel are necessary, same as any other development.

Quite how you think it’s a “cert” is a bit difficult to understand. The club say they need to sell their current home for housing to fund the new development. Hasn’t happened, no planning application submitted. No planning application lodged for the stadium development either.

Looks more like a long-shot than a cert to me.

it seems a cert to me,the council want sheffield fc back in sheffield, the council want a museum for the home of football, SCC  own the land and have wanted to remove the horrid building and replace it with something good ,they have signs up stating there ideas,who is not to say a big company wont invest as it states its for events and the football only need 5-600 hundred seats,yet this has 5,000 seats,they are already running free football days for oaps from there, plus running football sessions as good will for the kids in the area,have you seen the signs also change from sheffield fc working from here, to the new signs they are coming home here.even the lib/dems are doing public surveys,trust me its a done deal, unless it didnt get planning.

27 minutes ago, bassett one said:

it seems a cert to me,the council want sheffield fc back in sheffield, the council want a museum for the home of football, SCC  own the land and have wanted to remove the horrid building and replace it with something good ,they have signs up stating there ideas,who is not to say a big company wont invest as it states its for events and the football only need 5-600 hundred seats,yet this has 5,000 seats,they are already running free football days for oaps from there, plus running football sessions as good will for the kids in the area,have you seen the signs also change from sheffield fc working from here, to the new signs they are coming home here.even the lib/dems are doing public surveys,trust me its a done deal, unless it didnt get planning.

The bit in red contradicts the bit in green. Make yer mind up!

6 hours ago, ab6262 said:

just been past and there is a plain pole with no lights on it all ready installed  for adapting.

Lots of staggered pedestrian crossings have a pole with no lights on it on each side. They are there so there’s a push button unit at each side of the pedestrian waiting area. That means each side of the crossing has 4 poles. Normally you’d have 3 signals for traffic on each approach, so naturally, one of the poles might only have a push button on it. 

Nothing to do with “adapting” and wouldn’t be any use for signalising other approaches.

59 minutes ago, bassett one said:

So, because the club have: 

• put out some press releases
  • put up some signs
  •  offered 20 free places for OAP’s at one match
  • done the odd kids coaching sessions

its a done deal?

Thats despite the fact that the club have a major financial obstacle in that they say they need to sell their ground ( which is in green belt by the way) for housing in order to pay for the new stadium. And, they haven’t yet applied for planning consent for the housing, or the new stadium?

The Lib Dems will be asking opinions because a new stadium would be controversial and they sniff half a chance of gaining some votes on the back of it. That’s what politicians do.

Edited by Planner1

44 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

So, because the club have: 

• put out some press releases
  • put up some signs
  •  offered 20 free places for OAP’s at one match
  • done the odd kids coaching sessions

its a done deal?

Thats despite the fact that the club have a major financial obstacle in that they say they need to sell their ground ( which is in green belt by the way) for housing in order to pay for the new stadium. And, they haven’t yet applied for planning consent for the housing, or the new stadium?

The Lib Dems will be asking opinions because a new stadium would be controversial and they sniff half a chance of gaining some votes on the back of it. That’s what politicians do.

What you are forgetting is that a bloke on Greenhill Forum told B1 it was a done deal - ergo it is

This constant reference to free coaches & free tickets is tedious - it happened once & because Sheffield FC are on their harris financially they couldn't afford to do it more than once

I've just put a sign outside my house & posted a tweet saying that there's an infinity pool in my garden (SPOILER - there isn't -  I couldn't sell the old one & I didn't get planning)

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

How much do you think it would cost? And how much has the council said it would cost? For this specific set of works?

what for 2 days roadworks, temp signals,2 signal poles and lights, computer re jig, new road markings, couple of new stop signs or traffic light controlled jct sign, maybe 15k-20k tops??? council price with committees, buying gear through middle men, employing 3rd hand subbies, road gang  of 6 and council pen pushers tick boxing health and safety, road closures etc prob nearer 100K am i close??

2 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Lots of staggered pedestrian crossings have a pole with no lights on it on each side. They are there so there’s a push button unit at each side of the pedestrian waiting area. That means each side of the crossing has 4 poles. Normally you’d have 3 signals for traffic on each approach, so naturally, one of the poles might only have a push button on it. 

Nothing to do with “adapting” and wouldn’t be any use for signalising other approaches.

if they cant adapt poles they are not fit for purpose or badly designed? a 6 inch diameter pole to carry wiring for a push button?? do me a favour

If a stadium, and all the other delights, gets completed in the next ten years I will be amazed. 

Planning(s) . approvals, objections, appeals and public enquiries move at a glacial pace. Currently, there is a lot of waffle.and speculation.  SFC realise that it would be easier to put sheds on their Stubley Hollow site, but they don't make as much money as houses. So they are stuck. 

Siting a sports stadium bang next to residences raises issues. When Chesterfield moved from Saltergate local residents were delighted, and they relocated to a semi industrial location.  SFC are looking to do the reverse.  How will the residents of Lupton Road, and similar, feel about a floodlit arena at the end of their gardens  being used most evenings? And they are talking about music as well. Heavy metal, anyone? Don't mention  massed bagpipe bands..............

It should be going on the old aerodrome - a nice brownfield site. But SCC will make more coin by selling that to a housing developer. Real world. 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

if they cant adapt poles they are not fit for purpose or badly designed? a 6 inch diameter pole to carry wiring for a push button?? do me a favour

You said:

and there is a plain pole with no lights on it all ready installed  for adapting.

I’ve explained to you that it isn’t there for “adapting”. The two poles that are just carrying push button units are in a specific position to do a specific job and they wouldn’t be any use in signalising the other two approaches, because they are not in the right place for that.

Yes, they use a standard signal pole to carry a push button unit. It’s standard practice on signal installations in this country.

2 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

It should be going on the old aerodrome - a nice brownfield site. But SCC will make more coin by selling that to a housing developer. Real world. 

The old aerodrome is also in green belt, so not likely to be developed for housing without a major shift in local planning policy.