Another T Bone Rta At Meadowhead Junction!

ab6262

38 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

So because you do a bit of installation work you assume you're familiar with all the compliance, documentation, modelling, consulation required?

What industry do you do this installation work in? Highly regulated or house basher? Safety critical?

oh wind ya neck in ! both actually although not a house basher thanks! very much better & high end  developer , anything electrical is highly regulated and always safety critical!

Another collision because of Greenhill Ave/Greenhill main Rd ?   Let's keep it civilised. Planner 1 is in a difficult position and I admire him for his participation in this and similar debates on the Forum. I don't agree with all he says and as a former Municipal Affairs reporter on Morning Telegraph and Radio Sheffield I have great scepticism about the workings of local government....and about ten times more since the present administration handed over to profit-taking private companies.....but he speaks from the heart and doesn't deserve flak.   What I would say, having disclosed my antecedents, is that I have very little faith in the local media who, in the past, would have carried a torch for stories such as this.

15 hours ago, ab6262 said:

oh wind ya neck in ! both actually although not a house basher thanks! very much better & high end  developer , anything electrical is highly regulated and always safety critical!

OK understood, so neither highly regulated nor safety critical, so no involvement with the level of design and documentation and regulation in such industries.

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

OK understood, so neither highly regulated nor safety critical, so no involvement with the level of design and documentation and regulation in such industries.

ok if you say so unless you dont count Aviation in those categories!

re-the junction,reading the new sign for the transport ground COMING SHEFFIELD FOOTBALL CLUB HERE    i had not noticed in full,so as the junction in question is opp the main in fact only entrance to the venue,there has to be a big change as and when this 5,000 seater event venue opens,so i trust scc will sort this out with the planning application 

On 26/01/2022 at 20:39, DavidFrance said:

Another collision because of Greenhill Ave/Greenhill main Rd ?   Let's keep it civilised. Planner 1 is in a difficult position and I admire him for his participation in this and similar debates on the Forum. I don't agree with all he says and as a former Municipal Affairs reporter on Morning Telegraph and Radio Sheffield I have great scepticism about the workings of local government....and about ten times more since the present administration handed over to profit-taking private companies.....but he speaks from the heart and doesn't deserve flak.   What I would say, having disclosed my antecedents, is that I have very little faith in the local media who, in the past, would have carried a torch for stories such as this.

Regarding the standard of work carried out by the aforementioned private companies on behalf of SCC. From what I’ve seen it’s usually poor. I watched the road re surfacing a few years ago and it was in no way a proper re surface. The plane was set to take probably 50mm off the gutters while just bouncing around the crown of the road. Then a quick sweep and the tarmac was laid. That’s why it’s already knackered. The decent homes program had wildly varying standards of work depending on the contractor and their subbies. Most recently the roofing debacle springs to mind. I watched Jennings roofing as they did the remaining council houses on our estate. They didn’t even bother to de nail the timbers properly so the new felt was being ripped even as it was being laid. The crappy stick on flashing is currently flapping about as I write. I spoke with a couple of roofers working for Keir and they told me they thought they would be out of a job when the contracts were originally handed out. Turns out they’ve never been busier fixing jobs that have already been paid for. My conclusions are that the council handed out contracts with ridiculously short guarantee periods and will now be paying again for ongoing repairs until the end of time. Also many years ago I did work for Leeds city council and they would randomly send out the Clerk of Works to check we were working to the appropriate standards. Does SCC even have a Clerk of Works or are they naively relying on self certification?

3 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Regarding the standard of work carried out by the aforementioned private companies on behalf of SCC. From what I’ve seen it’s usually poor. I watched the road re surfacing a few years ago and it was in no way a proper re surface. The plane was set to take probably 50mm off the gutters while just bouncing around the crown of the road. Then a quick sweep and the tarmac was laid. That’s why it’s already knackered. The decent homes program had wildly varying standards of work depending on the contractor and their subbies. Most recently the roofing debacle springs to mind. I watched Jennings roofing as they did the remaining council houses on our estate. They didn’t even bother to de nail the timbers properly so the new felt was being ripped even as it was being laid. The crappy stick on flashing is currently flapping about as I write. I spoke with a couple of roofers working for Keir and they told me they thought they would be out of a job when the contracts were originally handed out. Turns out they’ve never been busier fixing jobs that have already been paid for. My conclusions are that the council handed out contracts with ridiculously short guarantee periods and will now be paying again for ongoing repairs until the end of time. Also many years ago I did work for Leeds city council and they would randomly send out the Clerk of Works to check we were working to the appropriate standards. Does SCC even have a Clerk of Works or are they naively relying on self certification?

Self-certs that come in brown envelopes?