Where Was Gleadless Congregational Church?

I was forced to go to Sunday school on  Hollinsend Road , The name of the chapel was Congregational, The Sunday school teacher said I sung the hyms like a little angel.

The move to the main church at  the juction of Hollinsend and Ridgeway road soon put me of religion for ever , The vicar was called Sharp he christened me when I was eleven years old , God knows why ..All religion and its teachings are one of the biggest problems the World has had to face .

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I was forced to go to Sunday school on  Hollinsend Road , The name of the chapel was Congregational, The Sunday school teacher said I sung the hyms like a little angel.

The move to the main church at  the juction of Hollinsend and Ridgeway road soon put me of religion for ever , The vicar was called Sharp he christened me when I was eleven years old , God knows why ..All religion and its teachings are one of the biggest problems the World has had to face .

Edited by crookesey
Gob smacked at the ‘little angel’

19 minutes ago, sovrappeso said:

I think the Congregationalist Church  has been  part of the United Reformed  Church since the 1 970s . There is one such church on the corner of Gleadless Common & Hollinsend Road. The building looks very old. 

That is it

• 1 month later...