Extra £10 Council Tax For Some To Fund Police.

"People will be asked to pay an extra £10 a year in council tax to fund more police officers in South  news Yorkshire". BBC news

The county's Police and Crime Commissioner said increasing the police part of the bill was necessary to meet government targets on officer numbers.

Dr Alan Billings said the force receives about 30% of its budget from council tax payers and the remainder from government.

A 4.69% precept increase mean a £10 rise for a Band D property in 2022/23.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-60172384

5 minutes ago, Janus said:

"People will be asked to pay an extra £10 a year in council tax to fund more police officers in South  news Yorkshire". BBC news

The county's Police and Crime Commissioner said increasing the police part of the bill was necessary to meet government targets on officer numbers.

Dr Alan Billings said the force receives about 30% of its budget from council tax payers and the remainder from government.

A 4.69% precept increase mean a £10 rise for a Band D property in 2022/23.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-60172384

Getting rid of the PCC and associated costs would also be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If that is in reply to me, I kind of agree, but getting rid of Billings and his unneeded costs would be a good idea - what, if anything, has he achieved?

No it was in reply to the opening post, your post got in the way at the same time.

Regarding PCC, you could argue what have ANY of them done, remember every area has one. If Billings isnt in post, someone else will. Makes no odds to me. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

No it was in reply to the opening post, your post got in the way at the same time.

Regarding PCC, you could argue what have ANY of them done, remember every area has one. If Billings isnt in post, someone else will. Makes no odds to me. 

OK, I know every area has one of these wastes of space, why? And what have any of them done, apart from add to you CT bill?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

If that is in reply to me, I kind of agree, but getting rid of Billings and his unneeded costs would be a good idea - what, if anything, has he achieved?

He has created a discussion on here.

A 4.69% rise is less than inflation though, which is presently 7.5% RPI, so its a cut.

Are you going to sent him a letter/email of complaint, would you like an above inflation increase?

I would like to see a more transparent funding system, perhaps one in which Government and presept funding were directly linked.

I would be happy to pay an above inflation increase.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He has created a discussion on here.

A 4.69% rise is less than inflation though, which is presently 7.5% RPI, so its a cut.

Are you going to sent him a letter/email of complaint, would you like an above inflation increase?

I would like to see a more transparent funding system, perhaps one in which Government and presept funding were directly linked.

I would be happy to pay an above inflation increase.

He may have created a discussion on here, but what else has he done of real benefit to the community?

Sending him, or any 'officials' these days, is a waste of energy/electrons - all you get back is a reply that bears no resemblance to your original query - if you get a reply, of course.

You must be a strange person if you are prepared to pay an above inflation increase for a non-existent service.

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

He may have created a discussion on here, but what else has he done of real benefit to the community?

He just replaces the previous head or panel, what did he/they do?

Dr Alan Billings is also in charge of the chief fire officer, something again which we know nothing about, but I am sure they do some amazing work rescueing people on our motorways, putting out house fires too.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

He just replaces the previous head or panel, what did he/they do?

Dr Alan Billings is also in charge of the chief fire officer, something again which we know nothing about, but I am sure they do some amazing work rescueing people on our motorways, putting out house fires too.

Billings doesn't!