0 % Guinness.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I couldn't find it anywhere before Christmas, I think it was only Morrisons and Waitrose stocking it.

Some problem at manufacturing had it recalled.

It was only a couple of days ago I found it on the shelf at Tesco's.

Well worth the wait.

For us non partakers the selection of 0 % drinks is getting of a better quality all the time.

The Eisberg Merlot (Tesco's) mentioned is really nice, always preferred red to white wine.

Going to have a go at using the 0 %  Guinness while braising some steak.

Probably have a go at using the Merlot in a Pheasant stew.

Ooop's hope I haven't upset any non meat eaters 🙃 . 

Keep safe out there 8) .

You can put any alcoholic drink in your food as long as the food boils/is fried and is stirred for several minutes or is in the oven for a bit longer.

Most of the flavours stay in the food but the alcohol will evaporate completely(ish).

If using a slow cooker either add the alcohol to the pre cooking(browning, par-boiling etc.) or at the end and leave the lid off.

(It is quite easy to turn a slow cooker into a still).

Many zero alcohol drinks are made by removing alcohol but small amounts remain which makes them unsuitable for some who are avoiding alcohol on religious grounds. 

10 hours ago, cgksheff said:

When you consider that a vast proportion of the cost of alcoholic drinks is duty, based upon the alcohol content, all these 0%s and mocktails are an incredible rip off.

Just sayin', like.

£1 a can ain't bad for a pretend Guinness. some 4 packs of 0% bottled lagers are only a couple of pounds (or less even), like I said, the quality is a lot better than when the only choice was the likes of Cobra.

8 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

You can put any alcoholic drink in your food as long as the food boils/is fried and is stirred for several minutes or is in the oven for a bit longer.

Most of the flavours stay in the food but the alcohol will evaporate completely(ish).

If using a slow cooker either add the alcohol to the pre cooking(browning, par-boiling etc.) or at the end and leave the lid off.

(It is quite easy to turn a slow cooker into a still).

Many zero alcohol drinks are made by removing alcohol but small amounts remain which makes them unsuitable for some who are avoiding alcohol on religious grounds. 

I knew that Annie, 

Just thought it would be interesting if the 0% Guinness / Merlot would retain their strong-ish flavour.

I'll let you know later.

Just rustled up a 'Hunters Chicken casserole' with some of the Merlot in it (its a Hunters Pheasant casserole actually but hey Ho).

No need to worry about me not drinking on religious grounds i'm a wasp 🤣 .

Becoming alcohol intolerant 16 years ago or finding out I was alcohol intolerant 16 years ago gave me no option.

Do I miss it - No. 

Still not preaching,  :roll: ,but -

Be safe out there and drink responsibly 8)

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

£1 a can ain't bad for a pretend Guinness. some 4 packs of 0% bottled lagers are only a couple of pounds (or less even), like I said, the quality is a lot better than when the only choice was the likes of Cobra.

I knew that Annie, 

Just thought it would be interesting if the 0% Guinness / Merlot would retain their strong-ish flavour.

I'll let you know later.

Just rustled up a 'Hunters Chicken casserole' with some of the Merlot in it (its a Hunters Pheasant casserole actually but hey Ho).

No need to worry about me not drinking on religious grounds i'm a wasp 🤣 .

Becoming alcohol intolerant 16 years ago or finding out I was alcohol intolerant 16 years ago gave me no option.

Do I miss it - No. 

Still not preaching,  :roll: ,but -

Be safe out there and drink responsibly 8)

I'm alcohol intolerant after 6 pints.