Joe Rogan Vs Cancel Culture

Spotify has said it "regrets" a decision by Neil Young to remove his tracks from the platform over the spread of COVID misinformation.

The "Heart of Gold" singer made the decision after objecting to his songs being played on the same platform that offers Joe Rogan's podcast, which has been known to air vaccine-sceptical views.

Spotify will now add a "content advisory" to any podcast episode which discusses coronavirus - after Neil Young and Joni Mitchell pulled their music from the platform due to misinformation about COVID vaccines.

Joe Rogan has posted his response to the controversy

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Lying is wrong, covid misinformation is lying, which can kill people, surely you was taught as a child not to lie?

Depends who decides what is a lie and what isnt

I dont know you but you seem like your left wing...arent a little bit suspicious that the establishment are trying to remove and silence people who dont agree with the global Covid narrative?

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I dont know you but you seem like your left wing...arent a little bit suspicious that the establishment are trying to remove and silence people who dont agree with the global Covid narrative?

Hahaha.

So. The establishment are now made up of old folk singers and fading rock stars.

I preferred it when they were lizards in disguise.

As for Spotify/twitter/Facebook et al. They need to be treated as publishers and made responsible for the accuracy of the content on their platforms. If they can't guarantee that, then they should be closed down.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Hahaha.

So. The establishment are now made up of old folk singers and fading rock stars.

I preferred it when they were lizards in disguise.

As for Spotify/twitter/Facebook et al. They need to be treated as publishers and made responsible for the accuracy of the content on their platforms. If they can't guarantee that, then they should be closed down.

I prefer to ask questions but you seem happy to just accept the narrative

I suspect that the majority of the people who are outraged have never watched any of Joe Rogans podcasts

Are you saying that Dr Peter McCullough and Dr Robert Malone are liars and are spreading misinformation? 

I prefer to listen to them than Neil Young anyday

Edited by Jack Grey

14 minutes ago, sibon said:

With books there are comics, fiction and factual etc. its the same with online.

People that read the Sun newspaper were always said to be more likely Tory voters, but their facts in there were not the best.

Are we going force everyone to read facts, instead of allow free speech? I accept this is not easy, Brexit was won because the Brexit team had the best media team, not because the facts were on their side.

42 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Neil Young decided its lying and decided he didnt want to share a platform with a dangerous liar. Joni Mitchell decided it was lies and sided with Neil.

Nothing to do with the Establishment, they used their decades of legendary standing to make a point, it worked.

If somebody doesnt like something they have the right to say so, especially if it may impact on their creations, or get associated with by being in the same place.

Its funny, one of my old mates is so far down the anti covid rabbithole he also purely shouted sell out, when he heard neil Youngs ultimatum lol

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

People that read the Sun newspaper were always said to be more likely Tory voters, but their facts in there were not the best.

Are we going force everyone to read facts, instead of allow free speech? I accept this is not easy, Brexit was won because the Brexit team had the best media team, not because the facts were on their side.

free speech doesnt exist, never has, we all modify our behaviours and speech to our surroundings, also when does this "free speech" end? when people die? are extremist muslims allowed to advocate bombing people? thats free speech surely?

funny how the same people bemoaning this lack of free speech like Jack, when they agree with it, are the same people first out of the gates with the pitchforks and flaming torches when its say...muslims

Edited by melthebell

38 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Are we going force everyone to read facts, instead of allow free speech.

Not at all. But if someone is passing off information as being factual, it should be correct.

Spreading lies and misinformation is not acceptable. Major publishers of information have a responsibilityto ensure that they are not part of that.

58 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Are you saying that Dr Peter McCullough and Dr Robert Malone are liars and are spreading misinformation? 

Regrettably, they are. Both of them are liars. Both of them have spread misinformation about COVID.

You seem drawn to these sort of characters. Did you ever wonder why?

43 minutes ago, sibon said:

Spreading lies and misinformation is not acceptable. Major publishers of information have a responsibility to ensure that they are not part of that.

Then surely we should apply that to all religions?

Again.....who decides what is lies and what is true?

What is fact or fiction?

What about the people who say that climate change will destroy the earth in less than 50 years?.......That could be misinformation

Joe Rogan has had all sorts of people on talking about UFO's and parallel dimensions.....and no one cared

He gets doctors on who go against the Covid narrative and everyone loses their minds 🙄

'Misinformation' is just a new buzzword to cancel speech they dont like

Edited by Jack Grey