Joe Rogan Vs Cancel Culture

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There was me thinking that "The Magic Roundabout" was a children's story but it turns out "(I)ts  news ( something you haven't heard before ) and it's on a network..." actually many networks around the world, watched by millions around the world. And the similarities don't stop there:

The same characters appear over and over again

It is repeated over and over again

It has been recorded and edited days beforehand

It is designed to keep the watchers gurgling 

It is fiction but a tiny minority in the audience think its true

etc., etc.,

It's a podcast just like the BBC who also has a podcast and did a version of "The Magic Roundabout",  perhaps you should get your news from Joe,  the BBC version is there to blinker you,

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

So is gossip, think before you type backwards Peter, nice try

Gossip spreads faster.

I still really have no idea who Joe Rogan is but I'm guessing he's no where nearly as talented as either Neil Young or Joni Mitchell if this uproar is the highlight of his career?   Decades from now, people will still be listening to Young & Mitchell songs.  They won't be playing podcast by Rogan.  (I had to scroll back to the top of this post just to remember his name.)

28 minutes ago, retep said:

It's a podcast just like the BBC who also has a podcast and did a version of "The Magic Roundabout",  perhaps you should get your news from Joe,  the BBC version is there to blinker you,

What does "It's a podcast just like the BBC..." mean?

Rogan does not do news. He does a pre recorded Talk Show.

Rogan does 4/5 podcast a week at $100 000 per show with 11 000 000 viewers. 

The professional Conspiracy Theorists he employs to interview are recorded days before the programmes are released.

The editing and final version are mixed to fit in with the advertising and the style of programming.

15 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

What does "It's a podcast just like the BBC..." mean?

Rogan does not do news. He does a pre recorded Talk Show.

Rogan does 4/5 podcast a week at $100 000 per show with 11 000 000 viewers. 

The professional Conspiracy Theorists he employs to interview are recorded days before the programmes are released.

The editing and final version are mixed to fit in with the advertising and the style of programming.

Here you go,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/podcasts/all-podcasts

2 hours ago, retep said:

The BBC have been producing podcasts and similar recordings for years and thousands are available.

I have been listening to BBC podcasts and similar recordings for years.

The podcasts were originally edited or extended versions of the original broadcasts.

Podcasts covered nearly all aspects of BBC programming, live and rolling news are still exceptions.

Weekly reviews and summaries of current affairs, politics, interviews  etc, are covered are a

I still don't see the link between a Rogans Talk Show and news networks, or how anybody can call a Talk Show a news network.

41 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The BBC have been producing podcasts and similar recordings for years and thousands are available.

I have been listening to BBC podcasts and similar recordings for years.

The podcasts were originally edited or extended versions of the original broadcasts.

Podcasts covered nearly all aspects of BBC programming, live and rolling news are still exceptions.

Weekly reviews and summaries of current affairs, politics, interviews  etc, are covered are a

I still don't see the link between a Rogans Talk Show and news networks, or how anybody can call a Talk Show a news network.

its funny how they are now falling over themselves to classify Rogan as a news journalist when the rest of the week he was just a comedian LOL

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

its funny how they are now falling over themselves to classify Rogan as a news journalist when the rest of the week he was just a comedian LOL

News, current affairs, social commentary, debate, conversation, chat, natter....take your pick 👍