Joe Rogan Vs Cancel Culture

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

well the dictionary definition seems fair to me

But im not 100% thats why people generally bandy it around as an insult.

an article about what it means from last year

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2020/jan/21/how-the-word-woke-was-weaponised-by-the-right

Nothing wrong with being alert (to anything). So long as you retain a sense of proportion, fairness, balance etc, and you're not just considering things in a partial way.

Its about free speech......remember that?

They tried to control what we say by redefining hate speech and then making it against the law to use hate speech

Now they are using the term 'Misinformation' as another means to control what we can and cant say.

Social media companies have been using it to delete content

We should all be worried about that 

I listen to Joe Rogan, and l find him interesting on a wide range of subjects, not just covid. I've think some of what he's had to say about covid is perfectly valid yet l've managed to stay top side of the rabbit hole

l bet a number of the people here complaining have never even listened to him. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Nothing wrong with being alert (to anything). So long as you retain a sense of proportion, fairness, balance etc, and you're not just considering things in a partial way.

An example used on this Forum yesterday of the use of "woke" is:

"Football Focus was on today but i havent watched it since it went woke and now has a woman presenting it(sic)".

Apparently because as they "... prefer men taslking about football(sic)" the decision to have a former professional footballer with 140 England caps makes the programme 'woke'.

Is this a good or a bad example of 'woke'?

52 minutes ago, sibon said:

I dont think you can get any more biased than The Guardian 

If your looking for a definition of woke @Annie Bynnol then The Guardian is the bible for the left

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

Lying is wrong, covid misinformation is lying, which can kill people, surely you was taught as a child not to lie?

Lying by omission is what the government is doing by not giving everyone the full picture. They are only telling you half the story. I can see why, but they are not helping. It's giving rise to all sorts of daft theories, but the truth is also out there. People like Joe Rogan are filling the gaps, backed up by quite a few fully qualified Doctors, Nurses and Professors. Why do you think so many medics are asserting their right to choose and are not having the jab?

Editing the present, is as bad as editing the past, as we have seen with 'cancel culture' and 'trigger' warnings about things that might give offence. Why are people so afraid of the plain, unvarnished truth?

We'll be book burning next.

Edited by Anna B

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Lying by omission is what the government is doing by not giving everyone the full picture. They are only telling you half the story. I can see why, but they are not helping.  People like Joe Rogan are filling the gaps, backed up by quite a few fully qualified Doctors, Nurses and Professors. Why do you think so many medics are asserting their right to choose and are not having the jab?

I agree with your first point about the government

However

People like Joe rogan are filling in the gaps with ****e, complete and utter ****e.

As for your last bit, the vast majority of Doctors, Nurses, etc ARE getting the jab, i would say those that arent are possibly ones that dont come into real contact with information about it, and sadly show that ANYBODY can be suckered into the misinformation rabbithole.

There was a recent clip from a James O'Brien conversation on the subject by an alledged medical worker who refuses to get the jab, told him a doctor told him its bad. when pressed, it wasnt fully as he told it. I can't remember the full conversation but once pressed by O'Brien his whole story collapsed.