Kier Starmer & Jimmy Saville

25 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It's true, he apologised.

Transparency is needed. Surely it will be an opportunity to put more pressure on BJ to resign is he lied.

If Starmer want's to be PM he should be able to prove he is competent. 

It's true he apologised. He left Saville to continue his sick campaign.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spectator/status/1488507288721793025

He apologised on behalf of the CPS, not for anything he did wrong. What sort of oaf doesn't understand the difference?

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

He apologised on behalf of the CPS, not for anything he did wrong. What sort of oaf doesn't understand the difference?

Oafs that see the simple headline part, but fail to delve into the meat and gravy

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

BJ apologised for 'parties' even though he didn't have anything to do with them.

Sue Gray said it was EVERYTHING to do with him

19 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I heard Boris say today that Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville when he was DPP. 

Anyone know why? Such negligence should mean a resignation surely? 

Where they friends or was there another reason?

I heard that Sir Jimmy Savile gave Sir Kier Starmer a Knighthood.

Edited by The Joker

Anyone who saw a programme based upon thye life of Savile would have learned just how devious he was and it seems that he was under suspicion in the late 50`s .From then till the time of his death it looks like he was hidden in plain sight.So much so he kept court with the likes of Thatcher ( who knighted him)and was well in with the Royal family.There apparently was other occasions where Savile escaped prosecution based on the lack of information.It was only after Saviles death in 2011 that a witness came forward with damning infomation.The attack made upon Starmer used  the same  propaganda that is constantly used by the likes of Johnson and regurgitated by supporters.It is yet another conspiracy theory that has been officially kicked into touch but ignored in order to make a political point.It seems strange that in our alleged democracy where the likes of Ian Blackford is told to leave Parliament for calling Johnson a liar , and yet Johnson the habitual liar is never called out for making such defamatory lies. We live in strange times!

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Calm down the poster is just political point scoring. If Boris had been in charge of the DPP instead of Keir Starmer you would be at the front of the queue calling for a full inquiry.

No, I'm quite capable of distinguishing fact from fiction thanks. That's your little window into the world of Independent Thought for today.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Oafs that see the simple headline part, but fail to delve into the meat and gravy

Sue Gray said it was EVERYTHING to do with him

Since when?

Let me just remind you of a key snippet:

.....There were "failures of leadership and judgement by different parts of No 10 and the Cabinet Office at different times....

Institutional failure maybe but all the blame on one lone man it certainly is not.

Jeez, how I long for the day when people just sit and wait for the full facts to come out instead of checking around their own warped interpretations to try and desperately prove a point.

Back on the original topic, personally I feel that the remark was unjustified and caused more harm than good. But quite frankly, given the same gutter level of cheap shots, name-calling, grandstanding, insults and uncorroborated points being thrown from the other side of the house from mouth pieces like Starmer, Blackford and Rayner, I don't blame him for throwing something back.

Unparliamentary conduct it may be, but everyone has a point where they snap especially when faced by continual grandiose catcalling from the opposition leader despite them seemingly doing similar activities.

Perhaps the sue grey report should extend even further and right through the entire parliamentary and civil service process to see just how many incidents across all parties and all departments were taking a place.

Let's not forget, the elected government is only a tiny but most visible part of the machine.  Let's not forget the layers and layers of overprotected, overpaid, over unionised pen pushers who don't have to face daily public opinion and newspaper scrutiny.  

Edited by ECCOnoob