Kier Starmer & Jimmy Saville

Guest makapaka
20 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I heard Boris say today that Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville when he was DPP. 

Anyone know why? Such negligence should mean a resignation surely? 

Where they friends or was there another reason?

It’s been proven to be another lie he’s told in parliament that’s all.

16 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Since when?

Let me just remind you of a key snippet:

.....There were "failures of leadership and judgement by different parts of No 10 and the Cabinet Office at different times....

Institutional failure maybe but all the blame on one lone man it certainly is not.

Jeez, how I long for the day when people just sit and wait for the full facts to come out instead of checking around their own warped interpretations to try and desperately prove a point.

Back on the original topic, personally I feel that the remark was unjustified and caused more harm than good. But quite frankly, given the same gutter level of cheap shots, name-calling, grandstanding, insults and uncorroborated points being thrown from the other side of the house from mouth pieces like Starmer, Blackford and Rayner, I don't blame him for throwing something back.

Unparliamentary conduct it may be, but everyone has a point where they snap especially when faced by continual grandiose catcalling from the opposition leader despite them seemingly doing similar activities.

Perhaps the sue grey report should extend even further and right through the entire parliamentary and civil service process to see just how many incidents across all parties and all departments were taking a place.

Let's not forget, the elected government is only a tiny but most visible part of the machine.  Let's not forget the layers and layers of overprotected, overpaid, over unionised pen pushers who don't have to face daily public opinion and newspaper scrutiny.  

so....

who made the covid rules?

who broke the rules?

whos in charge of those that broke the rules?

Boris Johnson by any chance?

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Since when?

Let me just remind you of a key snippet:

.....There were "failures of leadership and judgement by different parts of No 10 and the Cabinet Office at different times....

Institutional failure maybe but all the blame on one lone man it certainly is not.

Jeez, how I long for the day when people just sit and wait for the full facts to come out instead of checking around their own warped interpretations to try and desperately prove a point.

Back on the original topic, personally I feel that the remark was unjustified and caused more harm than good. But quite frankly, given the same gutter level of cheap shots, name-calling, grandstanding, insults and uncorroborated points being thrown from the other side of the house from mouth pieces like Starmer, Blackford and Rayner, I don't blame him for throwing something back.

Unparliamentary conduct it may be, but everyone has a point where they snap especially when faced by continual grandiose catcalling from the opposition leader despite them seemingly doing similar activities.

Perhaps the sue grey report should extend even further and right through the entire parliamentary and civil service process to see just how many incidents across all parties and all departments were taking a place.

Let's not forget, the elected government is only a tiny but most visible part of the machine.  Let's not forget the layers and layers of overprotected, overpaid, over unionised pen pushers who don't have to face daily public opinion and newspaper scrutiny.  

wow I've seen quite a few long winded posts on here trying to deflect the blame away from Johnson but this one takes the biscuit. Talk about bitter tory  LOL, "gutter level of cheap shots", "mouth pieces like Sir Kier Starmer", "catcalling from the opposition" "seemingly doing similar activities" LOL Stop it now it's embarressing and just admit your beloved Johnson is a liar and needs to go no matter how much you try to move the blame onto others or try to discredit Sir Kier Starmer.

20 hours ago, RJRB said:

Still looking for a conspiracy under every brick.

It was the equivalent of a driver being pulled for speeding and no insurance and telling the copper that he should be out doing a proper job.

Pathetic attempt at deflection by Johnson,that hasn’t gone down well with his fellow party members.

Agreed.

It's unwise for any Tory to make smears about Saville's friendships. 

4 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

There is only one way to find out a full enquiry into what happened. We deserve the truth. 

Yeah let's have a full enquiry. We can find out why Savile spent several Christmases as a guest of Margaret Thatcher, what he was doing at the care home (Haute de Loren?) In Guernsey with Ted Heath, why he was a good friend of Prince Charles and confidante/counsellor to Princess Diana and why he was considered such a valuable friend to the great and the good of the land including half the Conservative party...

Just give it up mate, it's a non starter

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yeah let's have a full enquiry. We can find out why Savile spent several Christmases as a guest of Margaret Thatcher, what he was doing at the care home (Haute de Loren?) In Guernsey with Ted Heath, why he was a good friend of Prince Charles and confidante/counsellor to Princess Diana and why he was considered such a valuable friend to the great and the good of the land including half the Conservative party...

And Saville also spent time as a guest of Blair at Chequers. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/scots-pop-guru-alan-mcgee-23546990.amp

Let's just accept that Savile pulled the wool over many, many eyes, especially the 'Great & the Good', who saw him as many saw him at the time, as a great photo-op. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Should have been the second post, then the rest of us needn't have bothered 👍

Keir Starmer was head of the CPS when the decision was made not to prosecute Jimmy Savile but he was not the reviewing lawyer for the case. An official investigation commissioned by Starmer criticised the handling of both prosecutors and police.

Another CPS lawyer said that no prosecution could be brought against Saville. 

Edited by Zinger549